Synthesis of pennogenyl saponins using three methods
- 47 Downloads
The synthesis of pennogenyl saponins using three important methods of glycosylation is reported in this article. Six correlative compounds (7–12) were first synthesized. As donors (1–6), glycosyl halide, trichloroimidate, and thioglycoside were chosen to study their reaction with the acceptor pennogenin. In these reactions the difference in steric hindrance between 3-OH and 17-OH of pennogenin was utilized skillfully and only the 3-hydroxyl group of pennogenin could be connected with each kind of donors selectively. There was no reaction at the 17-hydroxyl group, which had no protection. The characteristic above makes it convenient to synthesize compounds of pennogenyl saponins.
Key wordspennogenyl saponin pennogenin synthesis glycosylation selectivity
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.J. Zhou, Pure Appl. Chem., 61, 457 (1989).Google Scholar
- 2.Editor in chief: H. Li, The Genus Paris (Trilliaceae), Beijing: Science Press, 1998, p. 193–194.Google Scholar
- 3.C. O. Okunji, C. N. Okeke, H. C. Guguani, and M. M. Iwu, Int. J. Crude Drug Res., 28, 193 (1990).Google Scholar
- 4.W. S. Tian, Org. Chem., 20, 11 (2000).Google Scholar
- 7.a)_C. X. Chen, Y. T. Zhang, and J. Zhou, Acta Botanica Yunnanica, 5, 91 (1983); b) C. X. Chen, J. Zhou, Acta Botanica Yunnanica, 3, 89 (1981); c) C. X. Chen, and J. Zhou, Acta Botanica Yunnanica, 5, 219 (1983).Google Scholar
- 8.a)_W. S. Tian, Q. H. Xu, and L. Chen, Sci. China Ser. B Chem., 47, 142 (2004); b) J. Y. Li, P. Zhou, Microbiological Transformation of Pennogenin, http://prep.istic.ac.cn/eprint/Upload//2004/1101949685258.doc.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 11.H. G. Fletcher, Carbohydr. Chem., 2, 226 (1963).Google Scholar
- 15.a)_A. F. Bochkov and A. C. Jain, Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Ser. Khim., 1, 179 (1969); b) Chem. Abstr, 69, 52437s (1968).Google Scholar
- 16.H. Yu, B. Yu, and X. Y. Wu, J. Chem. Soc., Perkin Trans. 1, 1445 (2000).Google Scholar