Mathematical Modeling of the Blood Flow in Hepatic Vessels
- 4 Downloads
A mathematical model is developed for the blood flow in the vessels connected with the hepatic portal vein. A satisfactory anatomical model of the venous vessels of unpaired organs in the abdominal cavity and in the portal vein basin is constructed and integrated into the general systemic circulation model. Computer experiments are carried out modeling redistribution of venous and arterial blood flows in the presence of portal hypertension in liver fibrosis. The hydrodynamic properties of the blood flow are investigated allowing for anatomical and artificial shuts and their effect on pressure reduction in the portal vein. The calculation results are consistent with clinical data.
Keywordsmathematical modeling hemodynamics portal hypertension
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.M. V. Abakumov, K. V. Gavrilyuk, N. B. Esikova, and others, “Mathematical model of the hemodynamics of the cardiovascular system,” Diff. Uravn.,33, No. 7, 892–898 (1997).Google Scholar
- 2.A. Y. Bunicheva, S. I. Mukhin, N. V. Sosnin and others, “Mathematical modeling of some applied problems in haemodynamics,” Comput. Math. and Model.,13, No. 4, 382–412 (2002).Google Scholar
- 3.R. D. Sinel’nikov, Atlas of Human Anatomy [in Russian], 4 Vol., Meditsina, Moscow (1996).Google Scholar
- 4.V. A. Vishnevskii, V. A. Kubyshkin, and A. V. Chzhao, Liver Surgery: A Manual for Surgeons [in Russian], Miklosh, Moscow (2003), pp. 114-128.Google Scholar
- 5.A. A. Karman and V. L. Kazushchik, Portal Hypertension: A Textbook [in Rusian], BGMU, Minsk (2014), pp. 32-33.Google Scholar
- 6.M. A. Abakumov, I. V. Ashmetkov, N. B. Esikov, and others, “A procedure for mathematical modeling of the cardiovascular system,” Mat. Modelirovanie,12, No. 2, 106–117 (2000).Google Scholar
- 7.V. B. Koshelev, S. I. Mukhin, T. V. Sokolova, and A. P. Favorskii, “Mathematical modeling of the hemodynamics of the cardiovascular system allowing for the effect of neuroregulation,” Matem. Modelirovanie,19, No. 3, 15–29 (2007).Google Scholar