Characteristics of Homeless Adults with Serious Mental Illnesses Served by Three Street-Level Federally Funded Homelessness Programs
- 1.1k Downloads
- Blankertz, L. E., Cnaan, R. A., White, K., Fox, J., & Messinger, K. (1990). Outreach efforts with dually diagnosed homeless persons. Families in Society, 71(7), 387–395.Google Scholar
- Dykeman, B. F. (2011). Intervention strategies with the homeless population. Journal of Instructional Psychology, 38(1), 32–39.Google Scholar
- Fisk, D., Rowe, M., Laub, D., Calvocoressi, L., & DeMino, K. (2000). Homeless persons with mental illness and their families: Emerging issues from clinical work. Families in Society: The Journal of Contemporary Human Services, 81(4), 351–359.Google Scholar
- Folsom, D. P., Hawthorne, W., Lindamer, L., Gilmer, T., Bailey, A., Golshan, S., et al. (2005). Prevalence and risk factors for homelessness and utilization of mental health services among 10, 340 patients with serious mental illness in a large public mental health system. American Journal of Psychiatry, 162, 370–376.PubMedCrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Fosburg, L., & Dennis, D. (1999). Practical lessons: The 1998 national symposium on homelessness research, Arlington, Virginia, October 29–30, 1998. Retrieved February 23, 2012 from http://aspe.hhs.gov/progsys/homeless/symposium/toc.htm.
- Hwang, S. W., Tolomiczenko, G., Kouyoumdjian, F. G., & Garner, R. E. (2005). Interventions to improve the health of the homeless: A systematic review. American Journal of Preventive Medicine, 29(4), 311.e1–311.e8, available at homeless.samhsa.gov/ResourceFiles/Systematic_Review(AJPM).pdf, retrieved 10/1/2010.Google Scholar
- Nuttbrok, L. A., Rahav, M., Rivera, J. J., Ng-Mak, D. S., & Link, B. G. (1998). Outcomes of homeless mentally ill chemical abusers in community residences and a therapeutic community. Psychiatric Services, 49, 68–76.Google Scholar
- O’Hara, A. (1998). Continuum of care. In from the Cold: A Tool Kit for Creating Safe Havens for Homeless People on the Street. Chapter 1, 7–13. Available at http://www.hudhre.info/documents/SafeHavens.pdf.
- Page, J. L. (2004). Programs that serve homeless people with serious mental illness: A nationwide exploration of non-traditional treatment approaches, success, and barriers to transferring care to community mental health systems (doctoral dissertation). Stony Brook, NY: Stony Brook University.Google Scholar
- Page, J. (2007). Barriers to transferring care of homeless people with serious mental illnesses to community mental health organizations: Perspectives of street-based programs. Best Practices in Mental Health: An International Journal, 3(1), 26–40.Google Scholar
- Rowe, M. (1999). Crossing the border: Encounters between homeless people and outreach workers. Berekley: University of California Press.Google Scholar
- U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development. (2009). The 2008 Annual Homeless Assessment Report to Congress. Washington, D.C.: Author.Google Scholar
© Springer Science+Business Media, LLC 2012