Interpretation of well-cell pressures on stretched hexagonal grids in numerical reservoir simulation
- 103 Downloads
Peaceman’s equivalent well-cell radius for 2D Cartesian grids has been generalized to 2D uniform Voronoi grids consisting of stretched hexagons in an isotropic medium. An analytical expression for the equivalent well-cell radius for infinitely fine grids is derived. The derivation is performed by comparison of analytical and numerical solution for boundary value problems with one or two wells. Since the well-cell radius varies slowly with the grid fineness, the found formula can be considered representative for all grid sizes.
KeywordsPeaceman radius Hexagonal grid Discretization Reservoir simulation
Mathematics Subject Classification (2010)65N06 76S05
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Aavatsmark, I.: Interpretation of well-cell pressures on hexagonal grids in numerical reservoir simulation. Submitted (2015)Google Scholar
- 4.Collins, R.E.: Flow of fluids through porous materials. Van Nostrand Reinhold, New York (1961)Google Scholar
- 5.Dahlquist, G., Björck, Å.: Numerical methods. Prentice-Hall, Englewood Cliffs NJ (1974)Google Scholar
- 6.Lancaster, P., Tismenetsky, M.: The theory of matrices. Academic Press, Orlando (1985)Google Scholar
- 7.Muskat, M.: The flow of homogeneous fluids through porous media. McGraw-Hill, New York (1937)Google Scholar