Tautomeric Forms of 3-Formyl- 4-Hydroxycoumarin Arylhydrazones
- 200 Downloads
Tautomeric forms of 3-formyl-4-hydroxycoumarin arylhydrazones were studied by 1H and 13C NMR spectroscopy, as well as X-ray structural analysis. These compounds were shown to exist primarily in the 4-hydroxycoumarin form both in DMSO solution, as well as in gas phase; the chroman-2,4-dione form was a minor component. According to X-ray structural analysis data, solid 3-formyl-4-hydroxycoumarin phenylhydrazone exists in the 4-hydroxycoumarin form.
Keywordsarylhydrazones 3-formyl-4-hydroxycoumarin 15N isotope 1H and 13C NMR spectroscopy mass spectrometry tautomerism X-ray structural analysis
The authors would like to express their gratitude to Candidate of Chemical Sciences O. S. Anisimova for the consultations regarding the interpretation of mass spectra.
- 2.J.-I. K. Almstead, N. J. Izzo, D. R. Jones, and R. M. Kawamoto, US Pat. Appl. 6660737.Google Scholar
- 3.T. M. Osório, F. D. Monache, L. Domeneghini Chiaradia, A. Mascarello, T. R. Stumpf, C. R. Zanetti, D. Bardini Silveira, C. R. Monte Barardi, E. F. Albino Smânia, A. Viancelli, L. A. Totaro Garcia, R. A. Yunes, R. J. Nunes, and A. Smânia, Jr., Bioorg. Med. Chem. Lett., 22, 225 (2012).CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 10.N. S. Vul'fson and R. B. Zhurin, Zh. Obsch. Khim., 31, 3381 (1961).Google Scholar
- 18.V. F. Traven, I. V. Ivanov, V. S. Lebedev, N. P. Solov’eva, V. I. Polshakov, O. N. Kazheva, G. G. Alexandrov, and O. A. Dyachenko, Heterocycl. Commun., 16, 257 (2011).Google Scholar
- 20.L. Gatterman and H. Wieland, Laboratory Methods of Organic Chemistry [Russian translation], Gos. Khim. Izdat., Leningrad (1948), p. 335.Google Scholar
- 21.B. A. Kazansky (editor), Synthesis of Organic Preparations [in Russian], Vol. 1, Izd-vo Inostr. Lit., Moscow (1949), p. 429.Google Scholar
- 23.S. S. Batsanov, Zh. Neorg. Khim., 36, 3015 (1991).Google Scholar
- 26.G. M. Sheldrick, SHELXL-97. Program for the refinement of crystal structures, University of Gottingen, Germany (1997).Google Scholar