Isolation and characterization of polymorphic microsatellite loci from Yellowcheek (Elopichthys bambusa)
- 90 Downloads
Nine yellowcheek (Elopichthys bambusa) microsatellite loci were isolated using the fast isolation by AFLP of sequences containing repeats (FIASCO) protocol. Three to eight alleles per locus were detected in 29 samples collected from five populations of E. bambusa. The mean number of alleles was 5.6 ± 1.9 and the level of observed heterozygosities ranged from 0.415 to 0.843. These are the first microsatellite loci characterized from E. bambusa that can be used for estimating genetic diversity, population structure and parentage analysis.
KeywordsElopichthys bambusa FIASCO Microsatellites
This research is funded by the State Key Basic Research Project of China (973 project) (No. 2009CB118706), and the Modern Agriculture Industry Technology System Construction Projects titled as—Staple Freshwater Fishes Industry Technology System (no. 2060302).
- Bogutskaya NG, Naseka AM (1996) Cyclostomata and fishes of Khanka Lake drainage area (Amur River basin). An annotated check-list with comments on taxonomy and zoogeography of the region. Zool Inst Russ Acad Sci, p 89Google Scholar
- Kottelat M (2001) Freshwater fishes of northern Vietnam. A preliminary check-list of the fishes known or expected to occur in northern Vietnam with comments on systematics and nomenclature. Environment and Social Development Unit, East Asia and Pacific Region. The World Bank. Freshwater Fish. Vietnam (BOOK), June: i–iii + 1–123 + 1–18Google Scholar
- Li XF, Huang DM, Xie WX, Chang XL, Yang HY, Zhang YQ, He JQ (2005) Status of fisher resources in the Middle Reaches of the Hanjiang River. J Lake Sci 17(4):366–372Google Scholar
- Pietsch TW, Amaoka K, Stevenson DE, MacDonald EL, Urbain BK, López JA (2000) Freshwater fishes of the Kuril Islands and adjacent regions. International Kuril Island project (IKIP), University of Washington fish collection, Washington, p 18Google Scholar
- Rainboth WJ (1991) Cyprinid of South Asia. In: Winfield IJ, Nelson JS (eds) Cyprinid fishes. Systematics, biology and exploitation. Fish and fisheries series, vol 3. Chapman & Hall, London, pp 156–210Google Scholar
- Raymond M, Rousset F (1995) Genepop (version 1.2)—population genetics software for exact tests of ecumenicism. J Hered 86:248–249Google Scholar
- Reshetnikov YS, Bogutskaya NG, Vasil’eva ED, Dorofeeva EA, Naseka AM, Popova OA, Savvaitova KA, Sideleva VG, Sokolov LI (1997) An annotated check-list of the freshwater fishes of Russia. J Ichthyol 37(9):687–736Google Scholar
- Rozen S, Skaletsky HJ (2000) Primer 3 on WWW for general users and for biologist programmers. In: Krawetz S, Misener S (eds) Bioinformatics methods and protocols: methods in molecular biology. Humana Press, Totowa, pp 365–386Google Scholar
- Zhu LS and Chen HX (1959) The feeding habits of the yellowcheek in the Liangzi Lake. Acta Hydrobio Sin (3):262–271Google Scholar