A silhouette based novel algorithm for object detection and tracking using information fusion of video frames
- 97 Downloads
Object detection and tracking has been gaining widespread interest and significance with rate of increase in technology towards development of new gadgets. From a continuous video locating a particular object and tracking it is a sequence of process which involves segmentation, preprocessing, extracting the features, finally clustering for recognizing the particular object. This research works highlights the maximum capability of results in order to detect and track the object using a set of algorithms for detection mixed along with the optimization algorithms for better computation time and minimum of errors. The proposed work exploits the contour extraction followed by computation of dissimilarity measure between two signals. A single video sequence partitioned into frames has been optimized for an efficient tracking as evident from the end results.
KeywordsDetection and tracking Contour extraction Point labelling Dissimilarity measure
Funding was provided by National Natural Science Foundation of China (Grant Nos. 61402544, 61671484, 61702563).
- 4.Chung, P.-C., Hsu, Y.-L., Wang, C.-Y., Lin, C.-W., Wang, J.-S., Pai, M.-C.: Gait analysis for patients with Alzheimer’s disease using a triaxial accelerometer. In: Proceedings of IEEE International Symposium Circuits Systems, pp. 1323–1326 (2012)Google Scholar
- 10.Pasluosta, C.F., Barth, J., Gassner, H., Klucken, J., Eskofier, B.M.: Pull test estimation in Parkinson’s disease patients using wearable sensor technology. In: Proceedings of the 2015 37th Annual International Conference of the IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society, pp. 3109–3112 (2015)Google Scholar
- 12.Sharma, A., Singh, A., Rohilla, R.: Color based object detection and tracking algorithm using a non-Gaussian adaptive Particle filter. In: 2016 3rd International Conference on Recent Advances in Information Technology (RAIT) (2016)Google Scholar
- 17.Redmon, J., Divvala, S., Girshick, R., Farhadi, A.: You only look once: unified, real-time object detection. In: Proceedings of the IEEE Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition, pp. 779–788 (2016)Google Scholar
- 18.Lin, T.Y., Dollár, P., Girshick, R., He, K., Hariharan, B., Belongie, S.: Feature pyramid networks for object detection. arXiv preprint arXiv:1612.03144 (2016)