Fitting a cluster of line images under central catadioptric camera
- 51 Downloads
Generally, due to the partial occlusion, it is very difficult to correctly estimate the central catadioptric line image from its visible part. Except for the necessary and sufficient conditions that must be satisfied by a set of paracatadioptric line images, we find that if the antipodal points of image points on the visible arc are known, the fitting accuracy can be improved greatly. In this paper, we propose a new method for fitting line images, which can be applied to all central catadioptric projection. Firstly, a new relationship between a pair of antipodal image points and the camera principal point is derived. Next, using this relationship, a new method is proposed to estimate the line images. These estimated line images are used to calibrate camera intrinsic parameters to evaluate the performance of our fitting method. Experimental results on both simulated and real data have demonstrated the effectiveness of our method.
KeywordsCentral catadioptric projection Line image Camera calibration
This work is sponsored by the National Natural Science Foundation of China (61632003, 61403084, 61402116); by the Project of the Key Laboratory of Embedded System and Service Computing, Ministry of Education, Tongji University(ESSCKF 2015-03); and by the Shanghai Rising-Star Program (17QB1401000); and by the Application Innovation Plan of Ministry of Public Security (2017YYCXSXST030); and by the Special Funds for the Basic R&D Business Expenses of the Central Level Public Welfare Scientific Research Institutions(C17348)“The Construction of Standard Video Dataset and Intelligent Video Evaluation Platform”.
- 2.Geyer, C., Daniilidis, K.: Catadioptric camera calibration. In: International Conference on Computer Vision, pp. 398–404 (1999)Google Scholar
- 4.Duan, H.X., Wu, Y.H.: Unified imaging of geometric entities under catadioptric camera and camera calibration. J. Comput. Aided Des. Comput. Graph. 23, 891–898 (2011)Google Scholar
- 8.Duan, F.Q., Wang, L.: Calibrating central catadioptric cameras based on spatial line projection constraint. In: International Conference on Systems, Man and Cybernetics, pp. 2088–2093 (2010)Google Scholar
- 9.Duan, H.X., Wu, Y.H.: Paracatadioptric camera calibration using sphere images. In: International Conference on Image Processing, pp. 649–652 (2011)Google Scholar
- 11.Vandeportaele, B., Cattoen, M., Marthon, P., Gurdjo, P.: A New linear calibration method for paracatadioptric cameras. In: International Conference on Pattern Recognition, pp. 647–651 (2006)Google Scholar
- 14.Ying, X.H., Zha, H.B.: Simultaneously calibrating catadioptric camera and detecting line features using hough transform. In: International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems, pp. 412–417 (2005)Google Scholar
- 15.Duan, H.X., Mei, L., Shang, Y.F., Hu, C.P.: Calibrating focal length for paracatadioptric camera from one circle image. In: International Conference on Computer Vision Theory and Application, pp. 56–63 (2014)Google Scholar
- 18.Wu, Y.H., Li, Y.F., Hu, Z.Y.: Easy calibration for para-catadioptric-like camera. In: International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems, pp. 5719–5724 (2006)Google Scholar