Aeneas: real-time performance evaluation approach for distributed programs with reliability-constrains
- 37 Downloads
A novel approach, called Aeneas, which is based on the execution state of distributed programs, is proposed in this paper. It is for the real-time performance analysis of distributed programs with reliability-constrains. In Aeneas, there are two important factors, the available data files and the transmission paths of each available data file. Some algorithms are designed to find all the transmission paths of each data file needed while the program executes, count the transmission time for each transmission path, then get the aggregate expression of transmission time, calculate the fastest response time and the slowest response time of distributed programs with reliability-constrains. In order to justify the feasibility and the availability of this approach, a series of experiments have been done. The results show that it is feasible and efficient to evaluate the real-time performance for distributed software with reliability-constrains.
KeywordsDistributed program Reliability Real-time performance Response time
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.Drummond, J.: Establishing a real-time distributed benchmark. In: Proceeding of the 4th International Workshop on Parallel and Distributed Real-Time Systems, April 1996, pp. 198–201 Google Scholar
- 4.Kamenoff, N.I.: One approach for generalization of real-time distributed systems benchmarking. In: Proceeding of the 4th International Workshop on Parallel and Distributed Real-Time Systems, April 1996, pp. 204–207 Google Scholar
- 8.Kumar, V.K.P., Hariri, S., Raghavendra, C.S.: Distributed program reliability analysis. IEEE Trans. Softw. Eng. SE-12(1), 42–50 (1986) Google Scholar
- 9.Li, Y.F., Jin, H., Han, Z., Xie, X., Wu, M.: Eidolon: real-time performance evaluation approach for distributed programs based on capacity of communication links. In: Proceedings of the International Symposium on Computational and Information Sciences, 2004, pp. 136–141 Google Scholar
- 10.Lin, M.S.: The reliability analysis on distributed computing systems. PhD dissertation, National Chiao Tung University, Hsinchu, Taiwan, 1994 Google Scholar
- 14.Tanenbaum, A.S.: Distributed Operating Systems, vol. 1. Prentice Hall PTR (1995) Google Scholar
- 15.Thane, H.: Monitoring, testing and debugging of distributed real-time systems, PhD dissertation, Royal Institute of Technology, KTH, Sweden, 2000 Google Scholar