The Romanian wordnet in a nutshell
- 175 Downloads
The project on the Romanian wordnet has been under continuous development for more than 10 years now. It has been in constant use in many projects and applications which determined, to a large extent, the content and coverage of various lexical domains. The article presents the most recent developments of the Romanian wordnet and offers quantitative data for its current version.
KeywordsAligned wordnets BalkaNet EuroWordNet Interlingual mapping Lexical ontology Ontology projection Princeton WordNet Romanian
The new work reported here was supported by the Romanian Academy and by the European Community’s Seventh Framework Programme under METANET4U Grant Agreement no. 270893.
- Bentivogli, L., Forner, P., Magnini, B., & Pianta, E. (2004). Revising WordNet domains hierarchy: Semantics, coverage, and balancing. Proceedings of COLING 2004 Workshop on “Multilingual Linguistic Resources” (pp. 101–108).Google Scholar
- Fellbaum, C. (Ed.). (1998). WordNet: An electronic lexical database. Cambridge, MA: MIT Press.Google Scholar
- Fellbaum, C., & Vossen, P. (2012). Challenges for a multilingual wordnet. Language resources and evaluation, published online: 10 May 2012.Google Scholar
- Niles, I., & Pease, A. (2001). Towards a standard upper ontology. Proceedings of the 2nd International Conference on Formal Ontology in Information Systems (pp. 2–9).Google Scholar
- Stamou, S., Oflazer, K., Pala, K., Christoudoulakis, D., Cristea, D., Tufiş, D., Koeva, S., Totkov, G., Dutoit, D., & Grigoriadou, M. (2002). BALKANET A Multilingual Semantic Network for the Balkan Languages. Proceedings of the International Wordnet Conference (pp. 12–24).Google Scholar
- Tufiş, D., & Barbu, E. (2004). A methodology and associated tools for building interlingual wordnets. In Proceedings of the 4th International Conference on Language Resources and Evaluation (LREC 2004) (pp. 1068–1070).Google Scholar
- Tufis, D., Cristea, D., & Stamou, S. (2004). BalkaNet: Aims, Methods, Results and Perspectives. In Tufis, D. (Ed.) Special Issue on BalkaNet of the Romanian Journal of Information Science and Technology, vol. 7, no. 1–2 (pp. 9–43).Google Scholar
- Vossen, P. (Ed.). (1998). A multilingual database with lexical semantic networks. Dordrecht: Kluwer Academic Publishers.Google Scholar