Dynamics of a particle under the gravitational potential of a massive annulus: properties and equilibrium description
- 160 Downloads
This paper studies the main features of the dynamics around a massive annular disk. The first part addresses the difficulties finding an appropriated expression of the gravitational potential of a massive disk, which will be used to define the differential equations of motion of our dynamical system. The second part describes the main features of the dynamics with special attention to equilibrium of the system.
KeywordsPotential theory Annular disk Solid disk Composition of annuli
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Elipe A., Tresaco E., Riaguas A.: Gravitational potential of a massive disk. Adv. Astronaut. Sci. 134, 843–860 (2009)Google Scholar
- Kellogg O.D.: Foundations of potential theory. Dover publications, New York (1929)Google Scholar
- Kondratyev, B.P.: Potential theory and figures of equilibrium (in Russian). Regular and Chaotic Dynamic Press, Moscow-Izhevsk, The Institute of Computer Science (2003)Google Scholar
- Kondratyev B.P.: The potential theory New methods and problems with solutions (in Russian). Mir., Moscow (2007)Google Scholar
- MacMilan, W.D.: The theory of the potential. Reprint. [Originally published: McGraw-Hill, New York (1930)]. MacMilan’s Theoretical Mechanics. Dover publications, New York (1958)Google Scholar
- Maxwell J.: On the stability of motions of saturn’s rings. Macmillan and Cia., Cambridge (1859)Google Scholar
- Scheeres, D.J.: On symmetric central configurations with application to the satellite motion about rings. Ph.D. Thesis, University of Michigan (1992)Google Scholar