Chlorate Elimination by Catalytically Hydrogenation, Catalyst Development and Characterization
- 22 Downloads
In the course of the experiments nanostructured catalysts have been developed for hydrogenation of ClO3− ions. Different nitrogen doped carbon nanotube (N-BCNT) coated catalyst pellets have been synthetized by the catalytic chemical vapour deposition (CCVD) method. These core–shell structured pellets were used as supports of palladium catalysts. The catalysts were examined by scanning electron microscopy (SEM), energy dispersed X-ray spectrometry (EDX) and X-ray diffractometry (XRD). The catalytic activity of these Pd/BCNT pellets were tested in hydrogenation of chlorate in a continuous flow system. The hydrogenation process was followed by using of a miniaturized spectrophotometric cell developed by us. The catalysts proved to be efficient, because of the higher chlorate hydrogenation 90.5% chlorate conversion could be reached.
KeywordsChlorate Hydrogenation N-BCNT Palladium catalyst
This research was supported by the European Union and the Hungarian State, co-financed by the European Regional Development Fund in the framework of the GINOP-2.3.4-15-2016-00004 project, aimed to promote the cooperation between the higher education and the industry.
Compliance with Ethical Standards
Conflict of interest
The authors declare that they have no conflict of interest.
- 2.Polk J, Murray C, Onewokae C, Tolbert DE, Togna AP, Guarini WJ, Frisch S, Del Vecchio M (2001) In: 4th Tri-Services Environmental Technology Symposium, San Diego, CA, USAGoogle Scholar
- 3.Morss C (2003) Pollut Eng 35:18Google Scholar
- 6.EPA, Perchlorate treatment technology update, Federal Facilities Forum Issue Paper (2005) http://www.epa.gov/tio/tsp. Accessed 2018
- 7.Batista JR, McGarvey FX, Vieria AR (2000) The removal of perchlorate from waters using ion-exchange resins, Perchlorate in the environment. Kluwer Academic/Plenum Press, New YorkGoogle Scholar
- 22.https://www.mikroe.com. Accessed 2018
- 23.https://www.raspberrypi.org. Accessed 2018