Anchoring RhCl(CO)(PPh3)2 to –PrPPh2 Modified MCM-41 as Effective Catalyst for 1-Octene Hydroformylation
- 186 Downloads
RhCl(CO)(PPh3)2 was anchored to diphenylphosphinopropyl-modified (–PrPPh2) mesoporous silicate MCM-41. Infrared spectroscopy was applied to monitor the multi-step assemble of the complex by assigning critical absorptions. The prepared catalyst was employed in 1-octene hydroformylation and showed high conversion of substrate as well as high selectivity of nonyl aldeydes (>97%) along with several stable catalyst cycles. Rhodium leaching in the reaction liquids was determined by mass spectroscopy, which was found extremely low. The catalyst showed higher activity and lower metal loss than the analogue by nano SiO2 as support, probably as a result of the confining of molecular sieves with ordered pores.
KeywordsRh–P complex Diphenylphosphinopropyl modification MCM-41 Hydroformylation 1-Octene Leaching
This work is financially supported by the National Natural Science Foundation of China (No. 20673064), Specialized Research Fund for the Doctoral Program of Higher Education of Ministry of Education of China (2007003108) and Fund for Analysis of Tsinghua University.
- 1.van Koten G, van Leeuwen PWNM (1999) In: van Santen RA, van Leeuwen PWNM, Moulijn JA, Averill RA (eds) Catalysis: an integrated approach, ch 6. Elsevier, AmsterdamGoogle Scholar
- 2.van Leeuwen PWNM, Claver C (eds) (2000) Rhodium catalyzed hydroformylation. Kluwer, AmsterdamGoogle Scholar
- 13.Zhou W, He D (2008) Chem Commun. doi: 10.1039/B812910J
- 14.Dean J (ed) (1995) Analytical chemistry handbook. McGraw-Hill, Singapore (Sect. 6)Google Scholar
- 15.Tian B, Liu X, Yu C, Gao F, Luo W, Xie S, Tu B and Zhao D (2002) Chem Commun 1186Google Scholar
- 16.Bellamy LJ (ed) (1975) The infra-red spectra of complex molecules, ch 20. Chapman and Hall, LondonGoogle Scholar
- 17.Ning Y (ed) (2000) Characterization of organic compounds and organic spectroscopy, ch 7. The Science Press, BeijingGoogle Scholar
- 20.Evans E, Osborn JA, Wilkinson G (1968) J Chem Soc A 3133Google Scholar