A new catalytic transesterification for the synthesis of N, N-dimethylaminoethyl acrylate with organotin catalyst
- 231 Downloads
A new transesterification method for preparing N, N-dimethylaminoethyl acrylate (DMAEA) from methyl acrylate (MA) and dimethylaminoethanol (DMAE) was carried out in the presence of organotin catalyst. Among the catalysts examined, (C8H17)2Sn(OCOC11H23)2(TD) is the most active one for the reaction. The products were characterized by gas chromatography, IR spectroscopy, NMR spectroscopy and Mass spectroscopy. The effects of various reaction conditions such as the different catalysts, the reactants ratio, the amount of catalyst, the reaction time on the DMAE conversion, the selectivity to DMAEA and the DMAEA yield were investigated. Experimental results indicated that the sort of catalyst is vital to improving DMAEA yield. The reactants ratio could effect on the DMAE conversion, the selectivity to DMAEA and the DMAEA yield. The 96.28% conversion of DMAE was obtained over catalyst TD, the yield of DMAEA could reach 94.65%, the selectivity is 98.68%. A possible catalytic mechanism of transesterification of DMAE and MA with organotin catalysts was also presumed.
Keywordscatalytic transesterification N, N-dimethylaminoethylacrylate organotin catalysts
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 10.P. Hurtel, C. Hazan and N. Richard, FR Patent 2,777,561.Google Scholar
- 11.P. Hurtel, C. Hazan and F. De Champs, EP Patent 298,867.Google Scholar
- 12.M. Kimura and Y. Yasuda, JP Patent 03-112949.Google Scholar
- 13.M. Kimura and Y. Yasuda, JP Patent 02-229145.Google Scholar
- 14.S. Narimatsu, M. Okada and M. Kimura, JP Patent 01-299263.Google Scholar
- 15.M. Kimura and Y. Yasuda, JP Patent 02-059546.Google Scholar
- 16.M. Kimura and Y. Yasuda, JP Patent 02-017155.Google Scholar
- 17.Jing, P.P., Ji, X., Yu, X.J. 2002Acta Chim. Sin.61102Google Scholar
- 18.D.P. Zhang, P.P. Jiang and Q. Li, J. Southern Yangtze University (Natural science Edition) 8 (2005) 25.Google Scholar