Ambient temperature oxidation of carbon monoxide using a Cu2Ag2O3 catalyst
- 125 Downloads
The mixed copper–silver oxide, Cu2Ag2O3, has been prepared by co-precipitation and tested for ambient temperature carbon monoxide oxidation. The catalyst demonstrated appreciable low temperature oxidation activity and the catalyst aged for 4 h was the most active. Carbon monoxide conversion increased with time-on-stream, reaching steady state after ca. 1000 min. A␣comparison of the catalytic activity has been made with a representative sample of a high activity hopcalite, mixed copper/manganese oxide catalyst. On the basis of CO oxidation rate data corrected for the effect of catalyst surface area the Cu2Ag2O3, aged for 4 h was at least as active as the hopcalite.
Keywordscarbon monoxide oxidation ambient temperature Cu2Ag2O3
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Haruta, M., Yamada, N., Kobayashi, T., Iijima, S. 1989J. Catal.15301Google Scholar
- Rogers, T.H., Piggot, C.S., Bahlke, W.H., Jennings, J.M. 1921J. Am. Chem. Soc.131973Google Scholar
- Jones, H.A., Taylor, H.S. 1923J. Phys. Chem.27623Google Scholar
- Hutchings, G.J., Mirzaei, A.A., Joyner, R.W., Siddiqui, M.R.H., Taylor, S.H. 1996Catal. Lett.4221Google Scholar
- Gomez-Romero, P., Teiada-Rosales, F.M., Palacin, M.R. 1999Angew. Chem. Int. Edn.38524Google Scholar
- Lamb, A.B., Bray, W.C., Frater, I.C.W. 1918J. Ind. Rng. Chem.12213Google Scholar
- Inanmura, S., Sawada, H., Uemure, K., Ishida, H. 1988J. Catal.109198Google Scholar