Alkylation of hydroquinone with tert-butanol over AlSBA-15 mesoporous molecular sieves
- 174 Downloads
A series of AlSBA-15 catalysts with different pore size and different Si/Al ratio were prepared and characterized by N2 adsorption and NH3-temperature programmed desorption (NH3-TPD) methods. Their catalytic behaviors for the alkylation of hydroquinone with tert-butanol were studied and compared with that of HZSM-5, HY, HAlMCM-41. It is found that the catalytic activity correlates well with the amount of medium-strong acid sites on the surface of the catalysts, and the selectivity towards 2-tert-Butylhydroquinone has some connection with the pore size of the catalysts. The reusability of the catalyst depends on its hydrothermal stability, which needs to be improved for the AlSBA-15 catalysts.
Keywords2-tert-butylhydroquinone 2,5-di-tert-butylhydroquinone alkylation mesoporous molecular sieve AlSBA-15 acidity
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- J. Kroupa, J. Podstata and V. Matous, Czech Patent 265,262.Google Scholar
- H. Nakamura, Japanese Patent 6,281,342.Google Scholar
- H. Nakamura, Japanese Patent 6,281,341.Google Scholar
- Young, C., Campbell, D.B. 1990Ind. Eng. Chem. Res.24642Google Scholar
- Fujita and K. Takahata, Japanese Patent 03,169,832.Google Scholar
- G.D. Yadav and N. Kirthivasan, J. Chem. Soc., Chem. Commun. (1995) 203.Google Scholar
- Y.H. Yue, A. Gèdéon, J. Bonardet, J. D’Espinose and J. Fraissard. Chem. Commun. (1999) 1967.Google Scholar