Systems Analysis of Robust Strategic Decisions to Plan Secure Food, Energy, and Water Provision Based on the Stochastic Globiom Model
- First Online:
- 147 Downloads
The paper focuses on the development of adequate approaches to the systems analysis of geographically-explicit robust decisions for long-term consistent management of interdependent land use systems. We introduce a stochastic partial equilibrium Global Biosphere Management Model (GLOBIOM) enabling to analyze secure food, energy, and water provision accounting for interdependencies between countries and global diversification of systemic risks.
Keywordssecure food, energy, water provision GLOBIOM stochastic optimization robust strategic and operative decisions global diversification of systemic risks risk measures VaR and CVaR
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 5.A. G. Zagorodny and Y. M. Yermoliev, Integrated Modeling of Food, Energy, and Water Security for Sustainable Social, Economic and Environmental Developments, National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine, Kyiv (2013).Google Scholar
- 7.P. Havlik, U. A. Schneider, E. Schmid, H. Boettcher, S. Fritz, R. Skalsky, K. Aoki, S de Cara., G. Kraxner, S. Leduc, I. McCallum, A. Mosnier, T. Sauer, and M. Obersteiner, “Global land-use implications of first and second generation biofuel targets,” Energ. Policy, 39, 5690–5702 (2011).CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 8.Y. Ermoliev and L. Hordijk, “Global changes: Facets of robust decisions,” in: K. Marti, Y. Ermoliev, M. Makowski, and G. Pflug (eds.), Coping with Uncertainty: Modeling and Policy Issues, Springer-Verlag, Berlin (2003).Google Scholar
- 14.FAO, The State of Food Insecurity in the World 2009, Rome (2009).Google Scholar
- 16.O. Borodina, E. Borodina, T. Ermolieva, Y. Ermoliev, G. Fischer, M. Makowski, and H. van Velthuize, “Sustainable agriculture, food security, and socio-economic risks in Ukraine,” in: Y. Ermoliev, M. Makowski, and K. Marti (eds.), Managing Safety of Heterogeneous Systems. Lecture Notes in Economics and Math. Syst., Springer-Verlag, Heidelberg (2012), pp. 169–185.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 17.Yu. M. Ermoliev, Stochastic Programming Methods [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1976).Google Scholar
- 19.Yu. M. Ermolev and A. I. Yastremskii, Stochastic Models and Methods in Economic Planning [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1979).Google Scholar
- 20.R. T. Rockafellar and S. Uryasev, “Optimization of conditional value-at-risk,” J. Risk, 2, 21–41 (2000).Google Scholar
- 25.“Land grabbing for biofuels must stop,” (Grain, Feb. 21 (2013), http://www.grain.org/article/entries/4653-landgrabbing-for-biofuels-must-stop).