Censorship game in optimal choice problem
- 70 Downloads
The authors consider a game of the optimal choice where one of the players seeks to decrease the probability of selection of the best object by the other player by imposing some prohibitions and restrictions on browsing of certain elements. Optimal players’ strategies that form the Nash equilibrium are found. The asymptotic behavior of the strategies in case where the number of objects tends to infinity is studied.
Keywordsoptimal choice problem Markov chain stopping matrix game Nash equilibrium mixed strategy threshold strategy
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.S. I. Dotsenko, “The problem of choice of the best object as a two-person game,” Kibern. Vych. Tekhnika, 164, 43–53 (2011).Google Scholar
- 2.V. V. Mazalov, Mathematical Game Theory and Applications [in Russian], Lan’, St. Petersburg (2010).Google Scholar
- 3.S. I. Dotsenko, “Game situations in the modified optimal choice problem,” Kibern. Vych. Tekhnika, 168, 3–8 (2012).Google Scholar
- 4.M. de Carvalho, L. M. Chaves, and R. Martins, “Variations of secretary problem via game theory and linear programming,” J. Comput. Sci., 7, No. 3, 24–30 (2008).Google Scholar
- 6.E. B. Dynkin and A. A. Yushkevich, Theorems and Problems on Markov Processes [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1967).Google Scholar