Development and analysis of cooperative model-based metaheuristics
- 39 Downloads
The paper proposes a methodology to construct cooperative metaheuristic methods for solving combinatorial optimization problems using model-based algorithms. Its distinctive feature is that the original problem is solved by a search (optimization) in the space of models. Such a search is performed on the basis of models formed by basic algorithms. Cooperative metaheuristics underlain by ant colony optimization and MH-method algorithms are developed, and the efficiency of the proposed methodology is evaluated by means of a computational experiment.
Keywordscombinatorial optimization model-based methods cooperative metaheuristics ant colony optimization MH-method
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.M. Zlochin, M. Birattari, N. Meuleau, and M. Dorigo, “Model-based search for combinatorial optimization: A critical survey,” Ann. Oper. Res., No. 131, 373–395 (2004).Google Scholar
- 6.P. Larrañaga and J. A. Lozano (eds.), Estimation of Distribution Algorithms. A New Tool For Evolutionary Computation, Kluwer Acad. Publ., Norwell (2001).Google Scholar
- 7.G. R. Raidl, “A unified view on hybrid metaheuristics,” in: Lect. Notes Computer Sci., 4030, Springer-Verlag, Berlin (2006), pp. 1–12.Google Scholar
- 8.C. Cotta, “A study of hybridisation techniques and their application to the design of evolutionary algorithms,” AI Communications, No. 11, 223–224 (1998).Google Scholar
- 9.S. Talukdar, S. Murty, and R. Akkiraju, “Asynchronous teams,” in: F. Glover and G. Kochenberger (eds.), Handbook of Metaheuristics, Kluwer Acad. Publ., Norwell (2003), pp. 537–556.Google Scholar
- 10.L. F. Hulianytskyi, “Developing cooperative metaheuristics,” in: Abstracts of Int. Conf. “Problems of Decision Making under Uncertainties (PDMU–2009)” (April 27–30, 2009, Skhidnytsia, Ukraine), Kyiv (2009), pp. 90–91.Google Scholar
- 11.L. Hulianytskyi and S. Sirenko, “Cooperative model-based metaheuristics for combinatorial optimization problems,” in: K. Markov et al. (eds.), Information Science and Computing, 15, ITHEA, Sofia (2009), pp. 165–172.Google Scholar
- 12.L. F. Hulianytskyi, “A generalization of the H-method,” in: Proc. 11th Sci.-Tech. Conf. SAIT-2009 (May 26–30, 2009, Kyiv), NTUU “KPI,” Kyiv (2009), p. 84.Google Scholar
- 13.M. Milano and A. Roli, “MAGMA: A multiagent architecture for metaheuristics,” IEEE Trans. on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics: Cybernetics, No. 34, 925–941 (2004).Google Scholar
- 14.A. Le Bouthillier, T. G. Crainic, and P. Kropf, “À guided cooperative search for the vehicle routing problem with time windows,” IEEE Intelligent Systems, No. 20, 36–42 (2005).Google Scholar
- 15.M. El-Abd and M. S. Kamel, “A cooperative particle swarm optimizer with migration of heterogeneous probabilistic models,” Swarm Intelligence, No. 4, 57–89 (2010).Google Scholar
- 17.L. F. Hulianytskyi, “Deformation method in discrete optimization,” Issled. Oper. ASU, No. 34, 30–33 (1989).Google Scholar
- 18.M. Dorigo and L. M. Gambardella, “Ant colony system: A cooperative learning approach to the traveling salesman problem,” IEEE Trans. on Evolutionary Computation, No. 1, 53–66 (1997).Google Scholar
- 19.T. Stützle and H. Hoos, “Max-min ant system,” Future Generation Computer Systems, No. 8, 889–914 (2000).Google Scholar
- 20.T. Stützle, ACOTSP 1.0 (2004), http://www.aco-metaheuristic.org/aco-code.
- 21.TSPLIB, http://comopt.ifi.uni-heidelberg.de/software/TSPLIB95/ (visited in June 2009).