Integration of the Ukrainian science into the world data system
- 44 Downloads
Creating the World Data Center for Geoinformatics and Sustainable Development (WDC-Ukraine), its certification and integration into the World Data System are described. The main principles of the WDC and its research priorities are considered. Main projects carried out by the WDC are reviewed. One of them is global modeling of the sustainable development in the context of the safety and quality of life aimed to get a set of indices and indicators for the sustainable development of complex systems at different levels.
KeywordsWorld Data System Ukraine IASA World Data Center geoinformatics sustainable Development
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.B. I. Silkin, V. A. Troitskaya, and N. V. Shebalin, Our Unknown Planet [in Russian], Izd. AN SSSR, Moscow (1962).Google Scholar
- 2.J.-B. Minster, N. Capitaine, and D. M. Clark, “The new ICSU World Data System: A world-wide community of excellence for data issues,” in: V. Nechitailenko (ed.), Proc. Int. Conf. Electronic Geophysical Year: State of the Art and Results, GC RAS, Moscow (2009) (doi: 10.2205/2009-REGYconf).Google Scholar
- 4.Yu. Yakymenko, V. Timofeyev, V. Galagan, and M. Dombrougov, “Development and European integration of Ukrainian Research and Academic Network (URAN) for provision of high speed services to science and education,” in: Proc. 21st Int. CODATA Conf., Kyiv, Ukraine (2008).Google Scholar
- 5.Guide to the World Data Center System: General Principles–World Data Centers–Data Services, ICSU, Paris (1996).Google Scholar
- 6.V. Starostenko, Ya. Yatskiv, V. Lyalko, V. Ivanov, L. Rudenko, and K. Yefremov, “Ukrainian science data: mutual goals and approaches,” in: Proc. 21st Int. CODATA Conf., Kyiv, Ukraine (2008).Google Scholar
- 7.M. Z. Zgurovsky and A.D. Gvishiani, Sustainable Development Global Simulation: Quality of Life and Security of World Population (2005-2007/2008), Polytekhnika, Kyiv (2008).Google Scholar
- 8.M. Z. Zgurovsky, Analysis of Sustainable Development: Global and Regional Contexts, Pt. 2, Ukraine in Indicators of Sustainable Development [in Ukrainian], NTUU KPI, Kyiv (2009).Google Scholar