Using the fuzzy-ellipsoid method for robust estimation of the state of a grid system node
- 23 Downloads
Constructing a workload model for a node of a Grid system is considered in terms of control theory. A node is represented as a linear dynamic object acted upon by perturbations with unknown statistical properties. Fuzzy set estimates are used to evaluate the state of the object. They ensure the robustness of the algorithm proposed and its usability under the lack of a priori information on the unknown vector and the inaccuracy of current measurements.
KeywordsGrid system performance of distributed systems control theory dynamic object ellipsoidal estimation set estimate
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.C. Hollot, V. Misra, D. Towsley, and W. Gong, “A control theoretic analysis of RED”, in: INFOCOMM (2001).Google Scholar
- 2.Yixin Diao, J. L. Hellerstein, Sujay S. Parekh, Hidayatullah Shaikh, and S. Maheswaran, “Controlling quality of service in multi-tier Web applications,” in: Intern. Conf. on Distributed Comput. Systems (ICDCS 2006), IEEE Comp. Soc., February (2006), p. 25.Google Scholar
- 3.Tarek F. Abdelzaher and Chenyang Lu, “Modeling and performance control of Internet servers,” in: Invited Paper, 39th IEEE Conf. on Decision and Control, Sydney, Australia, December 2000, 3 (2000), pp. 2234–2239.Google Scholar
- 4.Z. Tian, L. Liu, Y. Yang, and Z. Zhai, “A stochastic control model for hierarical Grid service,” in: NPC 2005, LNCS 3779 (2005), pp. 72–79.Google Scholar
- 5.K. Krauter, R. Buyya, and M. Maheswaran, “A taxonomy and survey of GRID resource management systems and distributed computing,” in: Software: Practice and Experience, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd (2001), pp. 1–10.Google Scholar
- 6.M. Z. Zgurovskii and N. D. Pankratova, Systems Analysis: Problems, Methodology, and Applications [in Russian], Naukova Dumka, Kyiv (2005).Google Scholar
- 8.N. N. Kussul and A. Yu. Shelestov, “Estimating the phase state of linear multidimensional dynamic objects with the use of fuzzy ellipsoidal sets,” Probl. Upravl. Inform., No. 1, 50–60 (1995).Google Scholar
- 9.A. Yu. Shelestov, “An object model of problems in a Grid system of satellite data processing,” Nauk. Pratsi Donetsk. Nats. Tekhn. Univ., Issue 8(120), 317–330 (2007).Google Scholar
- 10.A. P. Sage and C. C. White, Optimum Systems Control, Prentice-Hall (1977).Google Scholar
- 11.N. N. Kussul' and A. Yu. Shelestov, “Fuzzy ellipsoidal observer of the state of linear dynamic objects with unknown perturbations,” in: Proc. Intern. Conf. on Control “Avtomatika-2000,” Lviv (2000), pp. 149–154.Google Scholar
- 12.A. N. Kravchenko, N. N. Kussul, E. A. Lupian, V. P. Savorsky, L. Hluchy, and A. Yu. Shelestov, “Water resource quality monitoring using heterogeneous data and high-performance computations,” Cybern. Syst. Analysis, 44, No. 4, 616–624 (2008).Google Scholar