Evolution of computers with flexible architecture is considered. Distinctive features of the architectural and structural organization of reconfigurable computer systems (RCSs) are described. Based on a modified logical-informational method and a configuration file library, a general algorithm is proposed to design RCSs. A new class of universal information processing means is proposed, namely, adaptive logical networks.
Keywordsadaptive logical network architecture flexibility electrically programmable logic devices (EPLD) reconfigurable computing
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A. V. Palagin, “Development trends and issues of theoretical design of microprocessors and microcomputers,” USiM, No. 3, 24–29 (1982).Google Scholar
- 3.A. V. Palagin, E. L. Denisenko, R. I. Belitskii, and V. I. Sigalov, Microprocessor Data Handling Systems [in Russian], Naukova Dumka, Kyiv (1993).Google Scholar
- 4.V. N. Opanasenko and A. N. Lisovyi, “Peculiarities of the VHDL language for programming EPLD chips,” Probl. Program., No. 1, 70–78 (2006).Google Scholar
- 5.A. V. Palagin, V. N. Opanasenko, and V. G. Sakharin, “Experience of designing EPLD-based digital devices using the HDL-technology,” USiM, No. 6, 11–20 (2004).Google Scholar
- 6.A. V. Palagin, V. N. Opanasenko, and V. G. Sakharin, “Computing systems with reconfigurable (programmable) architecture,” Probl. Informatizatsii ta Upravlinnya, Issue 10, 5–13 (2004).Google Scholar
- 7.A. V. Palagin, “A computer with virtual architecture,” USiM, No. 3, 33–43 (1999).Google Scholar
- 8.A. V. Palagin and V. N. Opanasenko, Reconfigurable Computing Systems [in Russian], Prosvita, Kyiv (2006).Google Scholar
- 9.V. M. Opanasenko and I. G. Timoshenko, “Architecture organization of EPLD-based reconfigurable computers,” in: Radioelectronics, Information Science, Control [in Ukrainian], No. 2 (12), ZNTU, Zaporizhzhya (2004), pp. 139–144.Google Scholar
- 10.O. V. Palagin, V. M. Opanasenko, and V. G. Sakharin, “Reconfigurable processor,” Patent 15781 UA, MPK G06F15/00, No. 200600583; Applied for Jan. 23, 2006, Published July 17, 2006, Byul. No. 7 (2006).Google Scholar
- 12.V. N. Opanasenko, “Synthesis of a parametric module of a multilevel combinative logic circuit,” Matem. Mashiny i Sistemy, No. 1, 2, 34–39 (2001).Google Scholar
- 13.V. M. Glushkov, Synthesis of Digital Automata [in Russian], Fizmatgiz, Moscow (1962).Google Scholar
- 14.Yu. V. Kapitonova and A. A. Letichevskii, The Mathematical Theory of Computing System Design [in Russian], Nauka, Gl. Red. Fiz.-Mat. Lit., Moscow (1988).Google Scholar
- 15.I. V. Sergienko and V. P. Shilo, Discrete Optimization Problems. Challenges, Solution Methods, and Research [in Russian], Naukova Dumka, Kyiv (2003).Google Scholar