Setup with a Centrifugal Mass-Transfer Apparatus for the Intensification of Technological Processes in a Liquid–Liquid System
A laboratory-scale setup with a centrifugal mass-transfer apparatus intended for intensifying technological processes in a liquid–liquid system is presented and described. In the design of the apparatus, the principle of a preliminary controllable dispersion of one of the phases in a neutral medium is realized with the subsequent supply of the spray plume into a moving film of a continuous phase. The process of dispersion of modeling systems is investigated. An empirical dependence is obtained for the diameter of drops of the formed emulsions.
Keywordsmass transfer intensification centrifugal mass-transfer apparatus emulsification
The work was performed using equipment of the Biisk regional center for collective use of the Siberian Branch of the Russian Academy of Sciences (IPCET SB RAS, Biisk).
- 1.M. B. Generalov, Basic Processes and Production Equipment for Industrial Explosives [in Russian], IKTs “Akademkniga, Moscow (2004).Google Scholar
- 2.E. Yu. Orlova, Chemistry and Technology of Brisant Explosives [in Russian], Khimiya, Leningrad (1973).Google Scholar
- 3.R. N. Piterkin, R. Sh. Prosvirnin, and E. A. Petrov, Technology of Nitrate Esters and Nitrate Ester-Based Industrial Explosives [in Russian], Altai State Technical University Publishing House, Biysk (2012).Google Scholar
- 4.V. V. Kafarov, Fundamentals of Mass Transfer: Gas–Liquid, Vapor–Liquid and Liquid–Liquid Systems [in Russian], Vysshaya Shkola, Moscow (1979).Google Scholar
- 5.A. A. Chufarovsky and V. S. Galustov, Modern Methods and Equipment for the Production of Liquid-Phase Mixtures [in Russian], TsINTIKhIMNEFTEMASH, Moscow (1990).Google Scholar
- 6.Pat. RF 2188817, IPC SS-201/02, A Method of Producing Liquid Nitrate Esters and the Setup for Its Implementation [in Russian], R. N. Piterkin, R. Sh. Prosvirnin, R. S. Gimadeev, and K. A. Poletaev; decl. December 4, 2000; publ. September 10, 2002; bull. No. 25.Google Scholar
- 7.Pat. RF 91717, IPC SS-201/02, A Device for Nitration of Alcohols [in Russian], K. Sh. Valiullin, V. P. Ilyin, S. I. Valeshny, and E. V. Kolganov; decl. October 13, 2009; publ. February 27, 2010; bull. No. 6.Google Scholar
- 8.Pat. RF 2663038, IPC B01J 8/10, Centrifugal Mass Transfer Apparatus for Liquid–Liquid Systems [in Russian], G. V. Sakovich, M. S. Vasilishin, A. A. Kukhlenko, et al.; decl. December 01, 2017; publ. August 01, 2018; bull. No. 22.Google Scholar
- 9.V. A. Rabinovich and Z. Ya. Khavin, Brief Chemical Reference [in Russian], Khimiya, Leningrad (1977).Google Scholar
- 10.V. B. Kogan, Theoretical Foundations of Typical Processes in Chemical Technology [in Russian], Khimiya, Leningrad (1977).Google Scholar
- 11.A. A. Kukhlenko, S. E. Orlov, and M. S. Vasilishin, “Calculation of flow parameters of a liquid film on the working surface of a centrifugal mass transfer apparatus”, Polzunovsky Vestnik, No. 4, 145–150 (2017).Google Scholar