Application, Production, and Exploitation of Alternative Sources of the Isotope 3He
- 51 Downloads
Current and future applications of the isotope 3H were described. Data about the supply and demand for this helium isotope were given. Sources of 3H were discussed. The possibility of extracting it from natural helium was evaluated.
Keywords3He natural helium helium isotopes tritium
- 1.R. Cooper, Overview of Helium-3 Demand, Oak Ridge Nat. Lab. (2010), pp. 1–17.Google Scholar
- 2.J. F. Santarius, “Lunar 3He, fusion propulsion, and space development,” 2nd Conf. Lunar Bases and Space Activities (1992), pp. 75–81.Google Scholar
- 3.Isotope Production. Brief Reference Information on Manufactured Products, PO Mayak (2010), www.po-mayak.ru/wps/wcm/connect/mayak/site/Production/isotopic/, acces. Aug. 21, 2012.
- 4.B. N. Eselson, V. N. Grigor′ev, V. G. Ivantsov, et al., Solutions of 3 He– 4 He Quantum Liquids, Nauka, Moscow (1973), p. 423.Google Scholar
- 5.M. Storozhevoi, Disparaged Tritium (2010), http://atominfo.ru/news3/c0615.htm, acces. Aug. 21, 2012.
- 6.N. E. Holden, “Helium isotopic abundance variation in nature,” 37th IUPAC General Assembly in Lisbon, Portugal, Aug. 5–12, 1993, Brookhaven Nat. Lab. (1993), pp. 1–9.Google Scholar
- 7.H. H. Schmitt, M. W. Henley, K. Kuhlman, et al., Lunar Helium-3 Fusion Resource Distribution, Univ. Wisconsin-Madison (2007), pp. 1–7.Google Scholar
- 8.L. J. Wittenberg, “Non-lunar 3He resources,” 2nd Wisconsin Symp. Helium-3 and Fusion Power, Jul. 19–26, 1993, Fusion Technol. Inst. (1994), pp. 1–21.Google Scholar
- 10.ITER Project Center, www.iterrf.ru/, acces. Jan. 15, 2014.
- 11.R. Radebaugh, “Cryo frontiers,” Cold Facts, 26, No. 2, 12 (2010).Google Scholar
- 12.D. Kramer, “DOE begins rationing helium-3,” Phys. Today, 63, No. 6, 22 (2010).Google Scholar
- 13.V. L. Bondarenko and A. P. Grafov, “Estimated expense of 3He production from natural He by cryogenic methods,” Vestn. MGTU Baumana, Ser. Mashinostr., 54–61 (2012).Google Scholar
- 14.V. L. Bondarenko, A. P. Grafov, M. Yu. Kupriyanov, et al., “Optimization of processes for extracting 3He from natural He,” Tekh. Gazy, No. 6, 47–53 (2012).Google Scholar
© Springer Science+Business Media New York 2016