Selection of structural parameters of a cylindrical-conical hydrocyclone for separation of suspensions by dual-stage flotation
- 36 Downloads
A mathematical model for separation of suspensions with a non-Newtonian disperse medium by dual-stage pressurized flotation in a cylindrical-conical hydrocyclone is developed. A system of differential equations of the convective diffusion and movement of a complex of particles-bubbles is solved by a numerical method. The concentration field is modeled, and integral separation indicators are determined. Values of structural parameters of the hydrocyclone for which the separation indicators depend heavily on the taper angle of the conical section of the housing and the rheological properties of the disperse medium are established.
It is demonstrated that dual-stage pressurized flotation makes it possible to reduce considerably the residual concentration of solid-phase particles as compared with single-stage flotation.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.V. O. Yablonskii and G. V. Ryabchuk, “Simulating the concentration field of SP in a hydrocyclone during separation of suspensions by pressurized flotation,” Zh. Prikl. Khim., 75, No. 10, 1687–1693 (2002).Google Scholar
- 2.B. V. Deryagin, S. S. Dukhin, and N. N. Rulev, Microflotation: Water Purification, Separation [in Russian], Khimiya, Moscow (1986).Google Scholar
- 3.V. O. Yablonskii, “Effect of the geometry of the working space of a cylindrical-conical hydrocyclone on the hydrodynamics of the flow of a non-Newtonian fluid,” Izv. Ross. Akad. Nauk. Mekh. Zhidk. Gaza, No. 2, 102–112 (2005).Google Scholar
- 4.D. Dyakowski, G. Hornung, and R. A. Williams, “Simulation of non-Newtonian flow in a hydrocyclone,” Chem. Eng. Res. Des. A., 72, No. 4, 513–520 (1994).Google Scholar
- 5.N. V. Tyabin, G. L. Dakhina, A. B. Golovanchikov, and A. A. Mamakov, “Design of ideal-displacement vessels for the separation of thin suspensions of electrolytic gases,” Teor. Osn. Khim. Tekhnol., 13, No. 6, 880–884 (1979).Google Scholar
- 6.N. V. Tyabin, A. B. Golovanchikov, G. L. Dakhina, and V. I. Zelentsov, “Optimization of electroflotation separation of suspensions,” Élektron. Obrab. Mat., No. 5, 65–67 (1986).Google Scholar
- 8.Y. Kawase and J. J. Ulbrecht, “Motion and mass transfer from an assemblage of solid spheres moving in a non-Newtonian fluid at high Reynolds numbers,” Chem. Eng. Commun., 8, No. 4–6, 213–231 (1981).Google Scholar
- 9.N. M. Matveev, Differential Equations [in Russian], Vysheishaya Shkola, Minsk (1976).Google Scholar
- 10.V. O. Yablonskii, “Analysis of the separation of suspensions with a non-Newtonian disperse medium in a straight-through cylindrical hydrocyclone,” Khim. Prom.., 82, No. 1, 40–48 (2005).Google Scholar
- 11.V. O. Yablonskii, “Effect of structural parameters of a cylindrical-conical hydrocyclone on separation indicators of suspensions with a non-Newtonian disperse medium,” Khim. Neft. Mashinostr., No. 9, 3–7 (2005).Google Scholar