Methods of rotating stall and surge detection in centrifugal compressors
- 211 Downloads
Systems for prevention of surging of centrifugal compressors and methods of rotating stall detection and early surge diagnosis using statistical processing of sensor signals of various parameters, i.e., the method of calculation of the correlation function of the signal and the method of calculation of signal dispersion, are discussed. The results of routine tests of air and high-speed air centrifugal compressors and their detachable flow parts are adduced.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.S. I. Fedosova, N. A. Krylova, and Ya. Z. Guzel’baev, Antisurge Devise of Compressor, Russian Federation Patent No. 1125410 (1983).Google Scholar
- 2.R. A. Izmailov, “Unsteady processes in centrifugal compressor,” Kompress. Tekh. Pnevmat., No. 5 (2000).Google Scholar
- 3.K. P. Seleznev and Yu. V. Patrin, “Transient phenomena in centrifugal compressor stage,” Kompress. Kholod. Mashinostr., No. 5, TsINTIkhimneftemash (Central Research Institute of Scientific and Technical Information, and Techno-Economic Research in Chemical and Petroleum Machine Building), Moscow (1966).Google Scholar
- 4.E. M. Greitzer, “Surge and rotating stall in axial flow compressions, Part I: Theoretical compressor model,” Trans. ASME, 1976. Ser. A, J. Engine for Power, 1998.Google Scholar
- 5.P. Meherwan and P. E. Boyce, “Rotating stall of centrifugal compressors,” Part I, Diesel and Gas Turbine Worldwide, No. 8 (1988).Google Scholar
- 6.A. H. Stenning, “Rotating stall and surge,” Trans. ASME, Ser. J, 102, No. 1 (1980).Google Scholar
- 7.V. N. Tikhonov, Statistical Radio Engineering [in Russian], Sovetskoe Radio, Moscow (1966).Google Scholar
- 8.O’Neil, An Introduction to Statistical Optics [Russian translation], Inostrannaya Literatura, Moscow (1966).Google Scholar
- 9.N. S. Shestov, Detection of Optical Signals in Random Noise Background [in Russian], Sovetskoe Radio, Moscow (1965).Google Scholar
- 10.Yu. V. Prokhorov and Yu. A. Rozanov, Probability Theory [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1967).Google Scholar
- 11.R. A. Izmailov et al., “Surge diagnosis in centrifugal compressor by analysis of unsteady processes, ” Proekt. Issled. Kompress. Mashin, Collec. Res. Papers, No. 4, Kazan (1999).Google Scholar
- 12.Ya. Z. Guzel’baev and A. L. Khavkin, “Special system for surge studies,” Proekt. Issled. Kompress. Mashin, Collec. Res. Papers, No. 3, Kazan (1997).Google Scholar