Heat Exchange and Aerodynamic Drag in Cross-Flow Staggered Banks of Aluminum-Finned Tubes
- 59 Downloads
Results are presented for an experimental investigation of heat exchange and loss of air pressure in staggered six-row banks of air coolers (AC). Curves are presented for the coefficient of convective heat transfer of the fifth transverse row and the aerodynamic drag of six-row banks versus air velocity. It is pointed out that the results obtained can be used in optimizing tube spacing in the heat-exchange sections of AC.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A. P. Baskakov, V. A. Munts, N. F. Filippovskii, et al., “Problems of the deep cooling of combustion products of natural gas in surface heat exchangers after heating and power-generating boilers,” in: Proceedings of the Third Russian National Conference on Heat Exchange [in Russian], Vol. 1, Izdatel’stvo Moskovskogo Energeticheskogo Instituta, Moscow (2002), pp. 119–122.Google Scholar
- 2.V. B. Kuntysh and A. N. Bessonnyi (eds.), Fundamentals of Analysis and Design of Air-Cooling Heat Exchangers: Handbook [in Russian], Nedra, Saint Petersburg (1996).Google Scholar
- 3.V. M. Shmerkovich, Air-Cooling Equipment for Production Units at Oil-Refining and Chemical Plants. Design, Research, and Operating Experience [in Russian], Tsentral’nyi Institut Nauchno-Tekhnicheskoi Informatsii Khimicheskogo i Neftyanogo Mashinostroeniya, Moscow (1967).Google Scholar
- 4.V. B. Kuntysh, L. M. Fedotova, and G. A. Margolin, “Influence exerted on heat transfer by certain production factors of the fabrication of finned tubes,” in: Preparation and Refining of Gas and Gas Condensate: Abstracts of Scientific-Technical Collections of the All-Union Scientific-Research Institute of Power Engineering and Gas Industry [in Russian], No. 3 (1980), pp. 21–26.Google Scholar
- 5.V. B. Kuntysh, A. E. Piir, A. I. Egorov, et al., “Experimental investigation of convective heat transfer and drag of air-cooling banks formed from bimetallic tubes,” Izv. Vuzov. Ser. Energ., No. 12, 89–93 (1977).Google Scholar
- 6.D. E. Briggs and E. H. Young, “Convection heat transfer and pressure drop of air flowing across triangular pitched banks of finned tubes,” Chem. Enging. Progr. Symp. Ser., 59, No.41, 1–10 (1963).Google Scholar
- 7.V. B. Kuntysh and N. M. Kuznetsov, Thermal and Aerodynamic Analyses of Finned Air-Cooling Heat Exchangers [in Russian], Energoatomizdat, Saint Petersburg (1992).Google Scholar
- 8.V. M. Legkii and Yu. K. Tupitsyn, “Some characteristic features heat exchange in cross-flow banks of tubes with external spiral-strip finning,” Izv. Vuzov. Ser. Energ., No. 2, 86–90 (1978).Google Scholar
- 9.Theory of Similitude and Thermal Modeling. Collection in Memory of M. V. Kirpichev (Academy of Sciences of the USSR) [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1987).Google Scholar
- 10.A. E. Piir and V. B. Kuntysh, “Effect of finned-tube arrangement in a staggered bank of air coolers on convective heat transfer and aerodynamic drag,” Izv. Vuzov. Ser. Neft’gaz, No. 5, 87–90 (1979).Google Scholar
- 11.V. M. Antuf’ev, Effectiveness of Different Forms of Convective Heating Surfaces [in Russian], Energiya, Moscow-Leningrad (1966).Google Scholar