Thermodynamics of Hydrocarbon Synthesis Related to Methane Steam Reforming
- 3 Downloads
An analysis is presented for thermodynamic aspects of the preparation of synthesis gas through methane conversion and the related synthesis of various classes of hydrocarbons. Methods of chemical thermodynamics were used to analyze the equilibrium composition of the system under given conditions. The thermodynamic study showed that the H2/CO ratio in methane conversion depends significantly both on the reaction temperature and pressure as well as on the nature and amount of oxidizer. The thermodynamic probability for the formation of various classes of compounds depending on the synthesis gas composition was calculated.
Key wordssynthesis gas methane steam reforming Fischer-Tropsch synthesis chemical thermodynamics
This work was carried out in the framework of the State Target Projects of the Institute of Petrochemical Synthesis of the Russian Academy of Sciences with the financial support of the Russian Federal Agency of Scientific Organizations (FANO).
- 2.A. L. Lapidus and O. L. Eliseev, Gazokhimiya, No. 1, 26 (2008).Google Scholar
- 3.A. L. Lapidus and A. Yu. Krylova, Rossiiskii Khimicheskii Zhurnal, 44, No. 1, 43-56 (2000).Google Scholar
- 5.A. Yu. Krylova and E. A. Kozyukov, Gazokhimiya, No. 1, 66 (2008).Google Scholar
- 6.N. F. Stepanov, M. E. Erlykina, and G. G. Filippov, Linear Algebra Methods in Physical Chemistry [in Russian], Izd. Moskovsk. Gos. Univ., Moscow (1976).Google Scholar
- 7.A. M. Gyul’maliev, G. S. Golovin, and T. G. Gladun, Theoretical Fundamentals of Coal Chemistry [in Russian], Izd. Moskovsk. Gos. Gomogo Inst., Moscow (2003).Google Scholar
- 8.A. M. Gyul’maliev, I. A. Sulmanguzin, A. E. Fedyukhin, et al., Khimiya Tverdogo Topliva, No. 3, 25 (2012).Google Scholar