Features of analysis of associative hydrocarbon media. Applicability of refractometric methods
The refractive index and optical absorption of solutions of crude oil in toluene were investigated. It was found that the optical properties of systems with an extremely low content of macromolecular substances deviate significantly from Bouguer-Lambert-Beer and other laws. The sensitivity of the refractive index to association of the macromolecular components of hydrocarbon systems was revealed. To increase the accuracy of the analysis, the necessity of a detailed study of the optical properties of associative hydrocarbon systems before plotting calibration curves was demonstrated.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.N. V. Busygina and I. G. Busygin, Natural Gas and Gas Condensate Processing Technology [in Russian], IPK Gazprompechat Orenburggazpromservis OOO, Orenburg (2002).Google Scholar
- 2.I. N. Evdokimov, N. Yu. Eliseev, and B. R. Akhmetov, J. Petrol. Sci. Eng., No. 37, 135–143 (2003).Google Scholar
- 3.S. Betancourt, G. Fujisawa, O. C. Mullins, et al., Oilfield Rev., 54–61 (Autumn, 2003).Google Scholar
- 4.O. C. Mullins, Structures and Dynamics of Asphaltenes, Springer, New York (1999).Google Scholar
- 5.A. G. Siryuk, E. D. Radchenko, and M. M. Fernandes-Gomes, Khim. Tekhnol. Topl. Masel, No. 7, 48–51 (1979).Google Scholar
- 6.L. G. Gurvich, Scientific Principles of Oil Refining [in Russian], Gostoptekhizdat, Moscow-Leningrad (1940).Google Scholar
- 7.K. L. Gawrys, Doct. Dissertation, Raleigh (2005).Google Scholar
- 8.S. Goncalves, J. Castilo, A. Fernandez, et al., Fuel, No. 83, 1823–1828 (2004).Google Scholar
- 9.G. Andreata, N. Bostrom, and O. C. Mullins, Langmuir, No. 21, 2728–2736 (2005).Google Scholar
- 10.H. W. Yarranton, J. Dispersion Sci. Technol., No. 26, 5–8 (2005).Google Scholar
- 15.R. V. Pol’, Introduction to Optics [in Russian], OGIZ, Moscow-Leningrad (1947).Google Scholar
- 16.M. M. Kusakov, Methods of Determination of the Physicochemical Properties of Petroleum Products [in Russian], ONTI KNTP SSSR, Moscow-Leningrad (1936).Google Scholar