The CCC National Partnership: an example of organizations collaborating on comprehensive cancer control
- 139 Downloads
The landscape of cancer control has changed throughout the past 12 years and continues to change even more so as health reform is implemented in the United States. With the advent of health reform, coalitions, such as comprehensive cancer control (CCC) coalitions, are more important than ever if the intended benefits of reform are to be realized. Comprehensive cancer control (CCC) coalitions in state, tribe, territory, and Pacific Island Jurisdictions are “engines of change” and form a network that can facilitate important cancer control progress throughout this country. Since the onset of CCC efforts, the vitality of this network of coalitions and their sustainability has been the primary focus of a group of national organizations, now known as the Comprehensive Cancer Control National Partnership (CCCNP). The CCCNP is national organizations who come together voluntarily to develop strategies and resources that support implementation of CCC coalition plans across the nation.
KeywordsComprehensive cancer control Coalitions National Partnership
The finding and conclusions in this report are those of the authors and do not necessarily represent the official position of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- 1.Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (2010) National Comprehensive Cancer Control Program. http://www.cdc.gov/cancer/ncccp/. Accessed July 10, 2010
- 2.The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (2010) Pub. L. No. 111-148. Available at http://frwebgate.access.gpo.gov/cgi-bin/getdoc.cgi?dbname=111_cong_bills&docid=f:h3590enr.txt.pdf Accessed July 14, 2010
- 3.Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (2010) National Comprehensive Cancer Control Program. http://www.cdc.gov/cancer/ncccp/. Accessed July 10, 2010
- 4.The Comprehensive Cancer Control Movement (2010) Ten Years of Success 1998 to 2008, C-Change. Website: http://www.c-changetogether.org/pubs/pubs/Comp_Cancer_Ctrl_10Yrs.pdf Accessed July 10, 2010
- 5.Unpublished document: The National Partnership Comprehensive Cancer Control Strategic Plan 2008–2013Google Scholar