Response to commentaries on “The Transmission Sense of Information”
- 169 Downloads
KeywordsSemantic Content Biological Information Sequence Property Transmission Sense Transmission View
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
CTB was supported in part by NSF ATB-1038590.
- Bergstrom C, Rosvall M (2011) The transmission sense of information. Biol Philos. doi: 10.1007/s10539-009-9180-z
- Cover TM, Thomas JA (2006) Elements of information theory, 2nd edn. Wiley, New YorkGoogle Scholar
- Godfrey-Smith P (2011) Senders, receivers, and genetic information: comments on Bergstrom and Rosvall. Biol Philos. doi: 10.1007/s10539-010-9206-6
- Maclaurin J (2011) Commentary on “The transmission sense of information” by Carl T. Bergstrom and Martin Rosvall. Biol Philos. doi: 10.1007/s10539-010-9233-3
- Maynard Smith J, Szathmáry E (1995) The major transitions in evolution. Oxford University Press, OxfordGoogle Scholar
- Shannon CE (1948) A mathematical theory of communication. Bell Syst Tech J 27, 379–423, 623–656Google Scholar
- Shea N (2011) What’s transmitted? Inherited information. Biol Philos. doi: 10.1007/s10539-010-9232-4
© Springer Science and Business Media B.V. 2011