Colloid Lithography-Induced Polydimethylsiloxane Microstructures and their Application to Cell Patterning
- 177 Downloads
Colloidal lithography was used to make a novel array (2-D) of micro-rings, dots, and interconnected-honeycomb structures. These geometries are controlled using the curing temperature-dependent rheological properties of the siloxane elastomer precursor. Serratia marcescens was patterned on the interconnected honeycomb microstructure demonstrating a potential application for microbioanalytical devices, microfluidics, and bio-micro-electromechanical systems.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Carno, JC, Amro, NA, Wadu-Mesthrige, K, Liu, GY 2002Production of periodic arrays of protein nanostructures using particle lithographyLangmuir1881868192Google Scholar
- Darnton, N, Turner, L, Breuer, K, Berg, HC 2004Moving fluid with bacterial carpetsBiophysic. J.8618631870Google Scholar
- Ghosh, P, Amirpour, ML, Lackowski, WM, Pishko, MV, Crooks, RM 1999A simple soft lithographic approach for preparing patterned, micron-scale corrals for controlling cell growthAngew. Chem. Int. Ed.3815921595Google Scholar
- Kim MJ, Breuer KS (2005) Characteristics of bacterial pumps in microfluidic systems. In: 2005 NSTI-Nanotechnology Conference and Trade Show, May 8–14, Anaheim, Vol. 1, pp. 712–715Google Scholar
- Lopez, GP, Albers, MW, Schreiber, SL, Carroll, R, Peralta, E, Whitesides, GM 1993Convenient methods for patterning the adhesion of mammalian cells to surfaces using self-assembled monolayers of alkanethiolates on goldJ. Am. Chem. Soc.11558775878Google Scholar
- Velev, OD, Kralchevsky, PA, Ivanov, IB, Yoshimura, H, Nagayama, K 1992Mechanism of formation of two-dimensional crystals from latex particles on substratesLangmuir831833190Google Scholar
- Wang, D, Caruso, F 2001Fabrication of polyaniline inverse opals by templating ordered colloidal assembliesAdv. Mater.13350354Google Scholar
- Yi, DK, Kim, DY 2003Novel approach to the fabrication of macroporous polymers and their use as a template for crystalline titania nano ringsNanoletters3207211Google Scholar
- Yi, DK, Kim, DY 2003Polymer nanosphere lithography: fabrication of an ordered trigonal polymeric nanostructureChem. Commun.8982938Google Scholar
- Ziegler, C, Fresenius, J 2000Cell-based biosensorsAnal. Chem.366552559Google Scholar
- Zlauddin, J, Sabatini, DM 2001Microarrays of cell expressing defined cDNAsNature411107110Google Scholar