Purification and Properties of an N-acetylglucosaminidase from Streptomyces cerradoensis
An N-acetylglucosaminidase produced by Streptomycescerradoensis was partially purified giving, by SDS-PAGE analysis, two main protein bands with Mr of 58.9 and 56.4 kDa. The Km and Vmax values for the enzyme using p-nitrophenyl-β-N-acetylglucosaminide as substrate were of 0.13 mM and 1.95 U mg−1 protein, respectively. The enzyme was optimally activity at pH 5.5 and at 50 °C when assayed over 10 min. Enzyme activity was strongly inhibited by Cu2+ and Hg2+ at 10 mM, and was specific to substrates containing acetamide groups such as p-nitrophenyl-β-N-acetylglucosaminide and p-nitrophenyl-β-D-N,N′-diacetylchitobiose.
KeywordsN-acetylglucosaminidase characterization production Streptomyces cerradoensis
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Chung, YC, Kobayashi, T, Kanai, H, Akiba, T, Kudo, T 1995Purification and properties of extracellular amylase from the hyperthermophilic archeon Thermococcus profundus DT 5432Appl. Environ. Microbiol.115021506Google Scholar
- Hopwood, DA, Bibb, MJ, Chater, KF, Kieser, T, Bruton, CJ, Kieser, HM, Lydiate, DJ, Smith, CP, Ward, JM, Schrempf, H 1985Genetic Manipulation of Streptomyces: A Laboratory ManualThe John Innes FoundationNew YorkGoogle Scholar
- Tarentino, AL, Trimble, RB, Maley, F 1978Endo-β-N-acetylglucosaminidase from Streptomyces plicatusMethods in Enzymology1574580Google Scholar
- Ulhoa, CJ, Peberdy, JF 1993Effect of carbon sources on chitobiose production by Trichoderma harzianumMycology Res.974548Google Scholar
- Ueno, H, Miyashita, K 2000Inductive production of chitinolytic enzymes in soil microcosms using chitin, other carbon-sources, and chitinase-producing StreptomycesSoil Sci. Plant Nut.46863871Google Scholar