Genetic Diversity of Winter Wheat (Triticum aestivum L.) Revealed by SSR Markers
- 454 Downloads
KeywordsWheat Cultivar Wheat Genotype Polymorphic Information Content Genomic SSRs Average Genetic Distance
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
This research was supported by Tubitak Kamag (Project no. 105G075). The authors thank Dr. Necmettin Bolat from AARI for providing the plant materials.
- Gökgöl M (1939) Turkish wheats. Yeşilköy Seed Breeding Institute Publications 2(14). Tan Press, Istanbul (in Turkish)Google Scholar
- Kovach WL (1999) MVSP: A multivariate statistical package for Windows, version 3.1. Kovach Computing Services, Pentraeth, p 133Google Scholar
- Prasad M, Varshney RK, Roy JK, Balyan HS, Gupta PK (2000) The use of microsatellites for detecting DNA polymorphism, genotype identification and genetic diversity in wheat. Theor Appl Genet 100:584–592Google Scholar
- Röder MS, Korzun V, Wendehake K, Plaschke J, Tixier MH, Leroy P, Ganal MW (1998) A microsatellite map of wheat. Genetics 149:2007–2023Google Scholar
- Saker M, Nagchtigall M, Kuehne TA (2005) Comparative assessment of DNA fingerprinting by RAPD, SSR and AFLP in genetic analysis of some barley genotypes. Egypt J Genet Cytol 34:81–97Google Scholar
- Salem KFM, El-Zanaty AM, Esmail RM (2008) Assessing wheat (Triticum aestivum L.) genetic diversity using morphological characters and microsatallite markers. World J Agric Sci 4:538–544Google Scholar
- Vavilov NI (1950) The phytogeographic basis of plant breeding. In: The origin, variation, immunity and breeding of cultivated plants (Trans. K Starr Chester). Chronica Botanica, Waltham, MA, USAGoogle Scholar
- Zhang XY, Li CW, Wang LF, Wang HM, You GX, Dong YS (2002) An estimation of the minimum number of SSR alleles needed to reveal genetic relationships in wheat varieties I: information from large-scale planted varieties and cornerstone breeding parents in Chinese wheat improvement and production. Theor Appl Genet 106:112–117PubMedGoogle Scholar
© Springer Science+Business Media New York 2012