Genetic Variation of Exon 2 of SLA-DQB Gene In Chinese Pigs
- 78 Downloads
A 273 base pair (bp) fragment of the SLA-DQB gene including parts of intron 1 and exon 2 has been investigated using PCR-RFLP in 38 indigenous Chinese pig breeds, two Chinese wild boars, and three foreign pig breeds. The restriction enzyme RsaI revealed three polymorphic sites in the 273 bp fragment for the pig breeds studied. In total, four alleles resulting in 10 genotypes were found. Twenty pig breeds are not in Hardy–Weinberg equilibrium at this locus. The allele frequency of a chi-square test showed that there is significant difference (P < 0.05) among six Chinese pig groups, and an even greater significant difference (P < 0.01) was found between Chinese and European pig breeds.
Keywords:Chinese pig breeds genetic variation SLA-DQB gene PCR-RFLP
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Fahmy, T. (1995). XLSTAT-PRO, Version 5.1V4. Leading data analysis and statistical solution for Microsoft Excel, Addinsoft Company.Google Scholar
- Fries, R., Vogeli, P., and Stranzinger, G. (1990). Gene mapping in the pig. Adv. Vet. Sci. Comp. Med. 34:273–303.Google Scholar
- May, B., Kruger, C., and Eng, W. (1995). Genes in Population. Version 2, A Computer Program for Analysis of Genetic Data, Cornell Laboratory for Ecological and Evolutionary Genetics, Cornell University.Google Scholar
- Xu, Y., Rothschild, M. F., and Warner, C. M. (1992). Mapping of the SLA complex of miniature swine: Mapping of the SLA gene complex by pulsed field gel electrophoresis. Mammal. Genom. 2:2–10.Google Scholar
- Zhang, Z. (ed.) (1986). Pig Breeds in China, Shanghai Scientific and Technical Publishers, Shanghai.Google Scholar