A Control and Regulation System for Extracorporeal Detoxification of Blood Plasma
A hardware and software system for extracorporeal detoxification of blood plasma was developed. The effectiveness of the air barbotage technique for removing carbon tetrachloride from blood plasma and its mixtures with plasma substitutes was investigated. The detoxification efficiency was shown to depend on the characteristics of the obtained foams, including the foam-forming ability, froth factor, dispersity, foam scaffold stability, and syneresis. The program for monitoring and control of extracorporeal detoxification of blood plasma was tested. Physical and mathematical models of toxicant excretion in the process of extracorporeal blood purification were elaborated. The mathematical model was verified; the theoretical and experimental data were shown to be in good agreement.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Parfenchik, F. N. And Kulidzhanov, A. Yu., “Extracorporeal detoxification techniques in combination treatment of hepatitis,” Kazan Med. Zh., 93, No. 2. 374-375 (2012).Google Scholar
- 3.De Pont, A.-C. J. M., “Extracorporeal treatment of intoxications,” Curr. Opin. Crit. Care, No. 13, 668-673 (2007).Google Scholar
- 4.Mitzner, S. R., Stange, J., Klammt, S., Peszynski, P., Schmidt, R., and Nöldge-Schomburg, G., “Extracorporeal detoxification using the molecular adsorbent recirculating system for critically ill patients with liver failure,” J. Am. Soc. Nephrol., 12 (Suppl. 17), 75-82 (2001).Google Scholar
- 5.U.S. Congress. Office of Technology Assessment. Life-Sustaining Technologies and the Elderly. OTA-BA-306, U.S. Government Printing Office, Washington (1987), p. 409.Google Scholar
- 6.Lopukhin, Yu. M. and Molodenkov, M. N., Hemosorption [in Russian], Meditisina, Moscow (1978).Google Scholar
- 7.Luzhnikov, E. A., Clinical Toxicology [in Russian], Meditisina, Moscow (1999).Google Scholar
- 8.Khachaturyan, M. A. and Zakharchenko, V. N., “A study of the properties of foams based on biological fluids,” Kolloid. Zh., 50, No. 6, 1212 (1988).Google Scholar
- 9.Zakharchenko, V. N. and Khachaturyan, M. A., “A study of the properties of foams based on biological fluids,” Kolloid. Zh., 51, No. 5, 998 (1989).Google Scholar
- 10.Seyffart, G., Poison Index: The Treatment of Acute Intoxication, Berlin (1997), pp. 110-117.Google Scholar
- 11.Ershov, Yu. A. and Khachaturyan, M. A., “Effective detoxification of blood plasma by the barbotage technique,” Sechenov. Vestn., No. 2 (16), 84-88 (2014).Google Scholar