The Potential of the Spectrophotometric Method for Detection and Identification of Neurovascular Structures
- 14 Downloads
Preliminary research into the application of spectrophotometry for localizing and identifying neurovascular structures, such as large arteries, veins, and nerve stems, in the process of neurosurgical navigation was carried out. The results of preliminary in vivo and in situ experiments confirm the possibility of developing appropriate quantitative criteria on the basis of measured spectrophotometric parameters and calculated optical and physio-logical parameters of the investigated biological tissue volume. Further verification of the obtained data is required. The results obtained in this work can be used in designing a system for the automated intraoperative detection and identification of neurovascular structures.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Widhalm, G., Traub-Weidinger, T., Hainfellner, J. A., et al., “Bioimaging and surgery of brain tumors,” Handbook of Clinical Neurology, 145, 535-545 (2017).Google Scholar
- 2.Eliava, Sh. Sh., Shekhtman, O. D., Pilipenko, Yu. V., et al., “Intraoperative fluorescent angiography with indocyanine in brain aneurism surgery. First experience in application and literature review,” Vopr. Neirokhir., No. 1, 33-41 (2015).Google Scholar
- 3.Baran, U. and Wang, R. K., “Review of optical coherence tomography based angiography in neuroscience,” Neurophotonics, 3, No. 1, 010902 (1-12) (2016).Google Scholar
- 4.Cordero, E., Latka, I., Matthдus, Ch., Schie, I. W., and Popp, J., “In-vivo Raman spectroscopy: From basics to applications,” J. Biomed. Opt., 23, No. 7, 071210 (1-23) (2018).Google Scholar
- 5.Bumstead, J. R., Park, J. J., Rosen, I. A., et al., “Designing a large field-of-view two-photon microscope using optical invariant analysis,” Neurophotonics, 5, No. 2, 025001 (1-20) (2018).Google Scholar
- 6.Goryainov, S. A., Potapov, A. A., Gol’bin, D. A., Zelenkov, P. V., et al., “Fluorescent diagnosis and laser biospectroscopy as a method for multimodal neuronavigation in neurosurgery,” Vopr. Neirokhir., 76, No. 6, 57_65 (2012).Google Scholar
- 9.Wolf, M., Ferrari, M., and Quaresima, V., “Progress of near-infrared spectroscopy and topography for brain and muscle clinical applications,” J. Biomed. Opt., 12, No. 6, 062104 (1-14) (2007).Google Scholar
- 10.Optical Biomedical Diagnosis [Russian translation], Fizmatlit, Moscow (2007).Google Scholar
- 11.Franceschini, M. A., Fantini, S., and Gratton, E., “Method for measuring absolute saturation of time-varying and other hemoglobin compartments,” US Patent No. US 6,216,021 B1 (2001).Google Scholar