Potential for Robotizing Ultrasound Technologies for Endovascular Surgery
- 1 Downloads
Current endovascular surgical technology requires the development and introduction of new methods allowing the drawbacks of existing technologies to be overcome. These methods include combined approaches to recanalization of arteries and prevention of instent restenosis, which can be achieved by combining minimally invasive techniques. It is proposed that the reliability and efficacy of these methods, increasing comfort and radiation safety of the surgeon, can be ensured by introducing new robotic systems into endovascular surgery.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Bockeria, L. A. and Kaili, A. E., “Cardiovascular diseases: the current level of diagnosis and treatment,” Byul. Nauch. Tsentr. Serdech. Sosud. Khirurg. im. A. N. Bakuleva, 10, No. 3, 33-43 (2009).Google Scholar
- 2.Panchavinnin, P., Tresukosol, D., Phankingthongkum, R., et al., “Stent placement compared with balloon angioplasty for obstructed coronary artery disease in Thai elderly patients: Initial result and 6 months follow-up,” J. Med. Assoc. Thai., 87, No. 3, 225-232 (2004).Google Scholar
- 5.Mehilli, J. et al., “Randomized trial of paclitaxel-versus sirolimus-eluting stents for treatment of coronary restenosis in sirolimus-eluting stents: The ISAR-DESIRE 2 (Intracoronary Stenting and Angiographic Results: Drug Eluting Stents for In-Stent Restenosis 2) study,” J. Am. Coll. Cardiol., 55, No. 24, 2710-2716 (2010).CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 6.Cohen, B. M. et al., “Cocktail attenuation of rotational ablation flow effects (CARAFE) study: Pilot,” Cathet. Cardiovasc. Diagn., Supplement 4, 69-72 (1996).Google Scholar
- 7.Kapranov, S. A., Khachaturov, A. A., Khovalkin, R. G., et al., “Endovascular catheter atherectomy - possible applications and potentials,” Diagnost. Intervents. Radiol., 6, No. 1-2, 53-66 (2012).Google Scholar
- 9.Ultrasound Angiosurgery [in Russian], A. V. Pokrovskii, G. V. Savrasov, Yu. V. Novikov, and V. A. Krasavin (eds.), DiAr, Kostroma (2004).Google Scholar
- 14.Savrasov, G. V., Batanov, A. F., Bashlai, A. P., and Gusarov, S. G., “Experience in the development of robot manipulators at the Bauman Moscow State Technical University,” Biomed. Radioel., No. 10, 14-20 (2014).Google Scholar
- 15.Savrasov, G. V., “A surgical ultrasound instrument for removing pathological formations from biological tissues; a device for removing pathological formations from biological tissue and a means for their application,” RF Patent No. 2535404, Application November 19, 2012. Published December 10, 2014.Google Scholar
- 16.Savrasov, G. V., Belikov, N. V., and Khaydukova, I. V., “Experimental study of combined treatment of biological tissue,” in: Proc. 11th German-Russian Conf. on Biomedical Engineering, June 17th_19th, 2015, Aachen, Germany (2015), pp. 95-97.Google Scholar