A Technique for Diagnosis of Intervertebral Disc Pathologies Based on Multichannel Electrical Impedance Mapping: Pilot Research
The article presents the results of studies indicating the possibility of using multichannel electrical impedance measurements for the localization of intervertebral disc pathologies. It is shown that intervertebral disc pathologies lead to changes in blood filling of some segments of the extensor muscles of the back. In this work, parameters of electrode systems providing localization of intervertebral disc pathologies were determined. A technique for electrical impedance mapping of the extensor muscles with changed blood filling caused by a pathology of intervertebral discs was developed.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Popov, A. I. and Novoseltsev, S. V., “Specific osteopathic therapy of patients with lumbar intervertebral disc herniations,” Russ. Ostheop. J., No. 3, 10-11 (2010).Google Scholar
- 2.Olizarovich, M. V. and Olizarovich, E. M., “Sequestration of multilevel herniations of lumbar intervertebral discs,” Probl. Zdor. Ekol., No. 1, 42-49 (2016).Google Scholar
- 3.Lebedeva, M. N., Lukjanov, D. S., Novikova, M. V., Novikov, V. V., and Vereshchagin, I. P., “Feasibility of impedance cardiography and impedance pletysmography in spine surgery,” Spin. Surg., No. 2, 58-66 (2011).Google Scholar
- 4.Li, J. K.-J., Dynamics of the Vascular System. Series on Bioengineering and Biomedical Engineering, Vol. 1, World Scientific (2004), pp. 226-231.Google Scholar
- 5.Nikolaev, D. V., Smirnov, A. V., Bobrinskaya, I. G., and Rudnev, S. G., Bioimpedance Analysis of Human Body Composition [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (2009).Google Scholar
- 6.Shchukin, S. I., Kirpichenko, E. Yu., and Timokhin, D. P., “A study of biomechanical processes in heart using a software/hardware system for impedance mapping of the praecordium,” Radiotekh., No. 9, 9-14 (2010).Google Scholar