Multichannel Electrical Impedance Methods for Monitoring Cardiac Activity Indicators
- 16 Downloads
The potentials of multichannel methods of precordial electrical impedance mapping for monitoring cardiac activity indicators are considered. This review addresses the possibility of constructing models of blood in the heart allowing solution of the inverse impedancemetry problem to be used to determine the volume characteristics of heart activity and displacement of the boundaries of the heart, as well as movement of the center of mass of the blood in the heart during the cardiac cycle. Pilot studies of three healthy volunteers in comparison with MRI data were conducted.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Leitman, M. et al., “Non-invasive measurement of cardiac output by whole-body bio-impedance during dobutamine stress echocardiography: Clinical implementations in patients with left ventricular dysfunction and ischemia,” Eur. J. Heart Failure, No. 8, 136-140 (2006).Google Scholar
- 4.Gaw, R. L., The Effect of Red Blood Cell Orientation on the Electrical Impedance of Pulsatile Blood with Implications for Impedance Cardiography: Ph.D. Thesis, Queensland University of Technology (2010).Google Scholar
- 5.Malakhov, A. I., Tikhomirov, A. N., Shchukin, S. I., Kudashov, I. A., Kobelev, A. V., Belenkov, Yu. N., Shakar’yants, G. A., Kozhevnikova, M. V., and Kaplunova, V. Yu., “Electrical impedance methods for studying heart activity,” Kardiologiya, 56, No. 12, 29-36 (2016).Google Scholar
- 6.Timokhin, D. P., Development of a Biotechnical System for Multichannel Electrical Impedance Mapping of the Biomechanical Activity of the Heart: Dissertation for Master’s Degree in Technical Sciences [in Russian], Bauman Moscow State Technical University (2014).Google Scholar
- 7.Kirpichenko, Yu. E., Timokhin, D. P., Shchukin, S. I., Kudashov, I. A., and Tikhomirov, A. N., “Assessment of displacement of the boundaries of the projection of the cardiac ventricles on the basis of multichannel electrical impedance mapping data,” Biomed. Radioel., No. 10, 8-11 (2012).Google Scholar
- 8.Tikhomirov, A. N., Malakhov, A. I., Shchukin, S. I., Kobelev, A. V., Kudashov, I. A., Maslennikov, M. A., and Petrov, V. I., “Assessment of the effects of specific electrical resistance of tissues in the upper layer on precordial impedance measurements,” Biomed. Radioel., No. 10, 20-24 (2013).Google Scholar
- 9.Malakhov, A. I., Tikhomirov, A. N., Shchukin, S. I., and Otstavnov, S. S., “Studies of the hemodynamics of the right atrium using electrical impedance methods for patients with atrial fibrillation,” Biomed. Radioel., No. 7, 4-8 (2015).Google Scholar