Mathematical Modeling of Thrombus Formation in Pulsatile Blood Pumps
- 13 Downloads
We present here the results of mathematical modeling of the process of thrombus formation in the chamber of a blood pump from a pulsatile-type circulation assist system with an output of 30 cm3 using two types of Russian- made mechanical heart valves. The effects of the type of mechanical heart valve on thrombus formation in the blood pump chamber during operation of the pulsatile-type circulation assist system were assessed.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Statistical Report [in Russian], Ministry of Health of the Russian Federation, Moscow (2012).Google Scholar
- 8.Brown, C. H., Leverett, L. B., and Lewis, C. H., “Morphological, biochemical, and functional changes in human platelets subjected to shear stress,” J. Lab. Clin. Med., 86, No. 3, 462-471 (1975).Google Scholar
- 12.Belyaev, L. V, Zhdanov, A. V., and Morozov, V. V., “Materials and technologies for pulsative Russian artificial heart ventricle manufacturing,” in: 2017 International Conference on Mechanical, System and Control Engineering, ICMSC 2017 [Internet] (2017), pp. 22-26.Google Scholar
- 13.Medvitz, R. B., Development and Validation of a Computational Fluid Dynamic Methodology for Pulsatile Blood Pump Design and Prediction of Thrombus Potential: PhD Thesis, Pennsylvania State University (2008).Google Scholar
- 21.Bumrungpetch, J., Mechanism Design of Ventricular Assist Device: PhD Thesis, Queensland University of Technology (2016).Google Scholar