A Back Projection Method for Hexagonal Coding Collimators in Emission Tomography with Multiplexed Measurement Systems
- 7 Downloads
Computerized emission tomography is an effective method for the diagnosis of pathological states in the human body. A new emission tomography approach was developed involving the use of multiplexed measurement systems (MMS). An iterative algorithm implementing the back projection method for emission tomography based on MMS was developed using hexagonal coding collimators. Numerical modeling demonstrated the validity of the proposed method.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Fedorov, G. A., Radiation Introscopy - Information Encoding and Optimization of Experiments [in Russian], Atomizdat, Moscow (1982).Google Scholar
- 3.Ivanov, O. P., Semin, I. A., Safronov, A. M., and Toritsyn, O. S., “Tests of an iPIX system for visualization of gamma radiation fields at the Kurchatov Institute Science Research Center,” ANRI, 89, No. 2, 66-70 (2017).Google Scholar
- 9.Fedorov, G. A. and Tereshchenko, S. A., Computerized Emission Tomography [in Russian], Energoatomizdat, Moscow (1990).Google Scholar
- 10.Starfield, D. M., Rubin, D. M., and Marwala, T., “High transparency coded apertures in planar nuclear medicine imaging,” Proc. 29th Ann. Int. Conf. IEEE EMBS, 4468-4471 (2007).Google Scholar
- 11.Utkin, V. M., Kumakhov, M. A., Blinov, N. N., et al., “The MiniScan mobile gamma camera and results from its use,” Med. Fizika, No. 1, 42-53 (2007).Google Scholar
- 12.Kazachkov, Yu. P., Semenov, D. S., and Goryacheva, N. P., “The use of coding apertures in medical г cameras,” Prib. Tekhn. Eksperim., No. 2, 131-139 (2007).Google Scholar
- 13.Accorsi, R., Design of Near-Field Coded Aperture Cameras for High-Resolution Medical and Industrial Gamma-Ray Imaging, Ph.D. Thesis, Department of Nuclear Engineering, MIT (2001).Google Scholar
- 14.Tereshchenko, S. A., Methods in Computerized Tomography [in Russian], Fizmatlit, Moscow (2004).Google Scholar
- 18.Fedorov, G. A., Tereshchenko, S. A., Antakov, M. A., and Burnaevsky, I. S., “Unipolar and bipolar measurement schemes for reconstruction of the spatial distribution of radiation sources using hexagonal coding collimators,” Med. Tekhnika, No. 1, 43-45 (2014).Google Scholar
- 21.Vengrinovich, V. L. and Zolotarev, S. A., Iterative Methods in Tomography [in Russian], Beloruskaya Navuka, Minsk (2009).Google Scholar
- 22.Fedorov, G. A., Dmitriev, A. M., Tereshchenko, S. A., and Antakov, M. A., “Reconstruction of images of the spatial distributions of sources of ionizing radiation on the basis of iterative back projection in multiplexed coding measurement systems,” ANRI, 68, No. 1, 62-70 (2012).Google Scholar