Method for Determining Microcirculatory Hemodynamics by Laser Speckle Interferometry in Small Animals
- 3 Downloads
We performed experimental evaluation of various positions (ear, paw, and tail) of the of dynamic light scattering sensor of near-infrared laser radiation (840 nm) using speckle interferometry in rats. Dynamic monitoring of the reactions to prolonged ultrasound exposure (7 days) showed that the base of the tail is most suitable for this purpose. Additionally, analysis of microcirculation parameters on the surface of skin autograft was performed. The method of analysis of hemodynamics in humans was adapted for animals.
Key Wordsspeckle microcirculation small animals
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Aleksandrin VV. Wavelet analysis of cerebral blood flow in rats. Regional blood circulation and microcirculation. Regionar. Krovoobr. Mikrotsirk. 2010;9(4):63-66. Russian.Google Scholar
- 2.Belichenko VМ, Grigoreva ТA, Shoshenko СA. The muscular blood flow in rats in ontogenesis as measured by the needle probe laser doppler flowmeter “LAKK-01”. Ross. Fiziol. Zh. 2007;93(6):655-660. Russian.Google Scholar
- 3.Blazhko AA, Shakhmatov II, Kiselev VI, Lycheva NA, Moskalenko SV. Changes of microcirculation in rats detected by laser Doppler flowmetry at physical load accompanied by the development of thrombotic readiness. Regionar. Krovoobr. Mikrotsirk. 2017;16(4):60-64. Russian.Google Scholar
- 4.Ladnich NA, Smolyakov YuN. Possible options for the formation of integrated indicators for assessing biomedical research. Informatika Sistemy Upravleniya. 2007;(S1):16-18. Russian.Google Scholar
- 5.Fine I, Kaminsky A. Speckle-based measurement of the light scattering by red blood cells in vivo. Dynamics and Fluctuations in Biomedical Photonics VIII. International Society for Optics and Photonics, 2011;7898. ID 78980A. doi: https://doi.org/10.1117/12.881991
- 6.Fine I, Kaminsky AV, Shenkman L. A new sensor for stress measurement based on blood flow fluctuations. Dynamics and Fluctuations in Biomedical Photonics XII. Tuchin VV, ed. SPIE Press, 2016;9707. ID 970705. doi: https://doi.org/10.1117/12.2212866
- 7.Handbook of Photonics for Biomedical Science. Tuchin VV, ed. CRC Press, 2010.Google Scholar