Effect of Liposomal Delivery of Oxidized Dextran with Isonicotinic Acid Hydrazide on Component Profile of Pulmonary Extracellular Matrix in Mice with BCG-Induced Granulomatosis
Intraperitoneal injections of isonicotinic acid hydrazide (INH), dextrazide (oxidized dextran+INH), or liposomes loaded with dextrazide (INH dose of 14 mg/kg) over 2 months to mice with BCG-induced granulomatosis started from postinfection day 90 induced qualitative and quantitative changes in composition of pulmonary extracellular matrix. Both dextrazide and its liposomal form decreased the levels of sulfated glycosaminoglycans and uronic acids. In contrast to INH, both preparations did not decrease the levels of total glycosaminoglycans, proteins, and galactose. This difference is explained by the fact both free and liposomal dextrazide activated MMP, but did not increase the content of TIMP-1 and TIMP-2, whereas injection of INH was followed by an increase in TIMP-2 content and a decrease in the level of free hydroxyproline, which attested to down-regulation of collagen degradation and maintenance of the conditions for pulmonary fibrosis in mice of this group.
Key Wordsliposomal dextrazide isonicotinic acid hydrazide BCG-induced granulomatosis extracellular matrix mouse lungs
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Kim LB, Shkurupy VA, Putyatina AN. Serum, liver, and lung levels of the major extracellular matrix components at the early stage of BCG-induced granulomatosis depending on the infection route. Bull. Exp. Biol. Med. 2015;158(3):322-325. doi: https://doi.org/10.1007/s10517-015-2752-9.CrossRefPubMedPubMedCentralGoogle Scholar
- 3.Kim LB, Shkurupy VA, Putyatina AN. Altered Liver Proteoglycan/Glycosaminoglycan Structure as a Manifestation of Extracellular Matrix Remodeling upon BCG-induced Granulomatosis in Mice. Bull. Exp. Biol. Med. 2017;162(3):331-335. doi: https://doi.org/10.1007/s10517-017-3608-2 CrossRefPubMedPubMedCentralGoogle Scholar
- 6.Starostenko AA, Troitskiy AV, Medvedev VS, Gulyaeva EP, Bystrova TN, Kozhin PM, Shkurupy VA. Studying the Acute Toxicity of Dextran Polyaldehyde Conjugate with Isonicotinic Acid Hydrazide. Eksp. Klin. Farmakol. 2016;79(6):20-23. Russian.Google Scholar
- 8.Shkurupy VA. Tuberculous Granulomatosis. Cytophysiology and targeted therapy. Moscow, 2007. Russian.Google Scholar
- 9.Shkurupii VA, Kim LB, Potapova OV, Sharkova TV, Putyatina AN, Nikonova IK. Study of fibrotic complications and hydroxyproline content in mouse liver at different stages of generalized BCG-induced granulomatosis. Bull. Exp. Biol. Med. 2014;157(4):466-469. doi: https://doi.org/10.1007/s10517-014-2592-z CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 10.Athanasiou KA, Darling EM, Hu JC, Reddi AH. Assaying for total collagen content. Articular cartilage. CRC Press, 2017. P. 585-588.Google Scholar