Bacteriophage Cocktail Effectively Prolonging the Shelf-Life of Chilled Fish
We developed a technological accessory bacteriophage-based preparation and a method for phage-mediated bioprocessing for elimination of pathogenic microorganisms from the surface of fresh fish and for prolongation of the shelf-life of chilled hydrobionts. Specimens of rainbow trout (Salmo irideus) served as the objects of the study carried out at a fish-processing plant in the Republic of Karelia. The specimens were decontaminated by a bacteriophage cocktail containing six original virulent phage strains characterized by their pheno- and genotypical properties. A new method of biodecontamination (plunging the rainbow trout for 30 sec into a solution of bacteriophage cocktail (bacteriophage titers ≥108 PFU/ml) delayed bacterial degradation of hydrobionts by 3 days. The use of the new method for decontamination of food half-products — phage-mediated bioprocessing — promoted preservation of the initial ecological purity, nutritive value, and taste of the products and prolonged their shelf-life in comparison with the actual standards.
Key Wordsbacteriophages phage-mediated bioprocessing decontamination rainbow trout shelf-life
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Aleshkin AV, Karaulov AV, Svetoch EA, Volozhantsev NV, Aleshkin VA, Afanasiev SS, Rubalskiy OV, Vasil’ev DA, Zolotuhin SN, Afanasiev MS, Lakhtin VM, Rubalskiy MO. Bacteriophages as probiotic tools to regulate microbiocenosis and decontaminate food products, animals and plants with microorganisms. Immunopatol., Allergol., Infektol. 2013;(3):80-89. Russian.Google Scholar
- 2.Kiseleva IA, Aleshkin AV, Verevkin VV, Svetoch EA, Afanas’ev SS, Rubal’skij EO, Rubal’skaja EE, Rubal’skij MO, Efimova OG, Vasil’ev DA, Zolotukhin SN. Patent RU No. 2525141. Method of production of bacteriophage. Bull. No. 22. Published August 10, 2014.Google Scholar
- 3.Manual for Preclinical Studies of New Pharmacological Substances. Mironov AN, ed. Moscow, 2013. Russian.Google Scholar
- 4.Alikhan NF, Petty NK, Ben Zakour NL, Beatson SA. BLAST Ring Image Generator (BRIG): simple prokaryote genome comparisons. BMC Genomics. 2011;12. ID 402. doi: https://doi.org/10.1186/1471-2164-12-402
- 9.Golosova O, Henderson R, Vaskin Y, Gabrielian A, Grekhov G, Nagarajan V, Oler A.J, Quiñones M, Hurt D, Fursov M, Huyen Y. Unipro UGENE NGS pipelines and components for variant calling, RNA-seq and ChIP-seq data analyses. PeerJ. 2014;2. ID e644. doi: https://doi.org/10.7717/peerj.644 CrossRefGoogle Scholar