Platelet Chemiluminescence during Physical Exercise of Various Intensity
- 6 Downloads
Generation of ROS (including free radicals) in rat platelets during physical exercises of different intensities was evaluated by the chemiluminescent method. The acute or chronic submaximal exercises increased the platelet chemiluminescence by 2.5-3.0 times. In the control, platelet activation with physiological aggregant ADP enhanced their chemiluminescence by 7.5 times. Addition of ADP to platelets isolated from animals subjected to exercise of any intensity increased chemiluminescence by 4-5 times. In a trained organism, functional reserve of the platelets is preserved during long-term physical exercise of any intensity, but is exhausted after acute physical exercise. Thus, intensive physical exercises enhanced the hemostatic potential of the blood, which is associated with the risk of thrombohemorrhagic complications, especially in acute or submaximal long-term exercises.
Key Wordsfree radical oxidation platelets chemiluminescence physical exercise
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Vladimirov YuA, Proskurina EV. Free radicals and cell chemiluminescence. Uspekhi. Biol. Khimii. 2009;49:341-388. Russian.Google Scholar
- 2.Krivokhizhina LV, Ermolaeva EN, Surina-Marisheva EF, Kantyukov SA, Yakovleva VP. Chemiluminescence serum during exercise of varying intensity. Zdorov’e Obrazovanie XXI veke. 2016;18(2):542-547. Russian.Google Scholar
- 3.Krivokhizhina LV, Kantyukov SA, Ermolaeva EN, Krivokhizhin DN. Chemiluminescence of platelets. The use of chemiluminescence method to determine platelet activity. Vestn. Tyum. Gos. Univer. Med.-Biol. Nauki. 2013;(6):174-178. Russian.Google Scholar
- 4.Laboratory Methods of Study of Hemostatic System. Goldberg ED, ed. Tomsk, 1980. Russian.Google Scholar
- 5.Gorokhova VG, Kuznetsova EE, Gorokhov AG, Chashkova EJ, Korotaeva NS, Pak VE, Grigor’ev EG. Patent RU No. 2230322. Method of determining intracellular acidity. Bull. No. 16. Published June 10, 2004.Google Scholar
- 6.Taigunov MM, Farkhutdinov RR, Medvedev YuA. Chemiluminescent methods of blood analysis in clinical and experimental immunology. Med. Immunol. 2006;8(2-3):427-428. Russian.Google Scholar
- 7.Shitkova AS. Platelet Hemostasis. St. Petersburg, 2000. Russian.Google Scholar