Comparison of Reactivity of the Lipid Peroxidation–Antioxidant Defense System in Normal and Hypertensive Rats at Different Stages of Stress-Reaction
- 4 Downloads
We compared changes in the parameters of LPO—antioxidant defense system at various stages of the stress response in mature male ISIAH rats (hereditary stress-induced arterial hypertension) and WAG rats in 3 h (stage of anxiety) and 7 days (resistance stage) after a 3-h single immobilization in the supine position. It was found that post-stress reactivity of the nonspecific stress-limiting LPO system is different in normotensive and hypertensive rats. ISIAH rats, irrespective of the stage of the stress-reaction, demonstrated more intense LPO reactions (accumulation of TBA-reactive products) and reduced antioxidant defense parameters (low content of lipid-soluble vitamins, increased oxidized glutathione content) in comparison with the corresponding parameters in WAG rats.
Key Wordsarterial hypertension lipid peroxidation antioxidant defense immobilization stress
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Antonov YeV, Alexandrovich YuV, Seryapina AA, Klimov LO, Markel AL. Stress and arterial hypertension: ISIAH rat strain. Vavil. Zh. Genet. Selektsii. 2015;19(4):455-459. Russian.Google Scholar
- 2.Kamyshnikov VS. Reference Book on Clinical and Biochemical Research and Laboratory Diagnostics. Moscow, 2009. Russian.Google Scholar
- 3.Kolesnikova LI, Dolgikh VV, Bairova TA, Bimbaev ABZh. Essential Arterial Hypertension and Genes of the Reninangiotensin System. Novosibirsk, 2008. Russian.Google Scholar
- 4.Manual on Experimental (Preclinical) Study of New Pharmacological Substances, Khabriev RU, ed. Moscow, 2005. Russian.Google Scholar
- 5.Stress and Caustic Poisoning. Kolesnikov SI, ed. Irkutsk, 2009. Russian.Google Scholar
- 6.Experimental Modeling and Laboratory Evaluation of Adaptive Reactions of the Organism. Chelyabinsk, 2000. Russian.Google Scholar
- 7.ISIAH RAT Database [URL: http://icg.nsc.ru/isiah/].
- 11.Markel AL, Maslova LN, Shishkina GT, Mahanova NA, Jacobson GS. Developmental influences on blood pressure regulation in ISIAH rats. Development of the Hypertensive Phenotype: Basic and Clinical Studies. Handbook of Hypertension. Vol. 19. McCarty R, Blizard DA, Chevalier RL, eds. Amsterdam, 1999. P. 493-526.Google Scholar