The Role of NO Synthase in the Cardioprotective Effect of Substances of Humic Origin on the Model of Ischemia and Reperfusion of Isolated Rat Heart
- 6 Downloads
The cardioprotective and inotropic effects of standardized active natural substance based on high-molecular-weight compounds of humic origin were studied on the model of global ischemia (40 min) and reperfusion of isolated perfused rat heart. Preventive administration of the test substance (0.1 mg/ml) before ischemia/reperfusion modeling reduced reperfusion contracture and necrotic death of cardiomyocytes and promoted recovery of myocardial contractility. Blockade of NO synthase with L-NAME (100 μM) abolished the above effects of the test substance. It was hypothesized that NO synthase plays an important role in the development of the cardioprotective and inotropic effects of the test natural substance.
Key Wordsactive substance heart ischemia reperfusion NO synthase
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Buzlama AV, Chernov UN. Humic substances: Pharmacological properties, mechanisms of action, and prospects for use in medicine. Eksp. Klin. Farmakol. 2010;73(9):43-48. Russian.Google Scholar
- 4.Litvitskii PF. Pathogenic and adaptive changes in the heart under conditions of regional ischemia followed by of coronary blood flow resumption. Patol. Fiziol. Eksp. Ter. 2002;(2):2-12. Russian.Google Scholar
- 5.Trofimova ES, Zykova MV, Ligacheva AA, Sherstoboev EY, Zhdanov VV, Belousov MV, Yusubov MS, Krivoshchekov SV, Danilets MG, Dygai AM. Effects of Humic Acids Isolated from Peat of Various Origin on in Vitro Production of Nitric Oxide: a Screening Study. Bull. Exp. Biol. Med. 2016;161(5):687-692.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 7.Andelová E, Barteková M, Pancza D, Styk J, Ravingerová TD. The role of NO in ischemia/reperfusion injury in isolated rat heart. Gen. Physiol. Biophys. 2005;24(4):411-426.Google Scholar
- 15.Zykova MV, Schepetkin IA, Belousov MV, Krivoshchekov SV, Logvinova LA, Bratishko KA, Yusubov MS, Romanenko SV, Quinn MT. Physicochemical characterization and antioxidant activity of humic acids isolated from peat of various origins. Molecules. 2018;23(4). pii: E753. doi: https://doi.org/10.3390/molecules23040753.