Analysis of the Intensity of Apoptosis in Rat Organs at Various Stages of Ontogeny
Activity of apoptosis in the thymus, liver, and kidneys on days 20, 22, 35, 50, 80, 110, and 140 of ontogeny was studied in the experiments on rats using the alkaline gel electrophoresis and flow cytofluorometry. Changes in apoptosis intensity depended on animal age. The maximum level of this parameter was observed on day 20 of ontogeny with the following reduction in this parameter to the minimum value on days 35-50. Then it gradually increased up to relatively high levels on day 110 and significantly reduced by day 140.
Key Wordsapoptosis ontogeny biomarkers toxicological studies
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Durnev AD, Zhanataev AK, Anisina EA, Sidneva ES, Nikitina VA, Oganesyants LA, Seredin SB, Bekish VYa, Chernukha IM. Application of Alkaline Gel Electrophoresis of Isolated Cells for Assessment of Genotoxicity of Natural and Synthetic Compounds. Methodical Recommendation. Moscow, 2006. Vol. 2. Russian.Google Scholar
- 2.Methodical instructions MU 188.8.131.526-07. Biomedical assessment of the safety of genetically modified organisms of plant origin. Supervision over the production and circulation of food products containing GMO: Guidelines. Moscow, 2008. Russian.Google Scholar
- 3.Tishko NV, Zhminchenko VM, Pashorina VA, Selyaskin KE, Mel’nik EA, Mustafina OK, Soto SKh, Trushina EN, Gapparov MM. A comparative assessment of the diet influence on growth and development of rats. Vopr. Pitaniya. 2011;80(5):30. Russian.Google Scholar
- 4.Tyshko NV, Selyaskin KE, Tutelyan VA. Detection of rat internal organs apoptosis activity based on model of CCl4 toxic effects. Fundament. Issked. 2014;(10-5):993-998. Russian.Google Scholar
- 5.Derelanko MJ. Handbook of Toxicology. Boca Raton, 2001.Google Scholar
- 6.Developmental and Reproductive Toxicology: a Practical Approach. Hood RD, ed. Boca Raton, 2006.Google Scholar
- 7.Genetically Modified Food Sources. Safety Assessment and Control. Tutelyan VA, ed. New York, 2013.Google Scholar
- 8.John CR, Douglas RG. Apoptosis: Physiology and Pathology. Cambridge, 2011.Google Scholar