Mitigating Effect of Nitrates (Monizol) on Pharmacodynamic Shifts in the Cardiovascular System Caused by Radioprotector Indralin
We studied the effect of radioprotector indralin (B-190) alone or in combination with monizol on BP and HR in rabbits, reduction of blood supply and spleen weight in rats and (CBA×C57Bl/6)F1 hybrids mice, and on blood loss from a wound on tip of the tail in mice. Being an α1-adrenomimetic, indralin caused hypertensive reaction with the development of bradycardia, reduced blood supply and spleen weight, and sharply reduced blood loss from the wound. Monizol as nitrate reduced BP without affecting HR and reduced blood loss from the wound. Monizol administered prior to indralin eliminated radioprotector-induced hypertensive reaction, reduced bradycardia by more than 2 times, and attenuated the effect of indralin on spleen weight and blood loss from the wound by 1.6-1.8 times. Monizol administered after indralin had no effect on shifts in peripheral blood supply caused by the radioprotector.
Key Wordsindralin nitrates blood pressure blood supply to the spleen blood loss
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Vasin MV. Antiradiation Drugs. Moscow, 2010. Russian.Google Scholar
- 2.Vasin MV, Antipov VV, Chernov GA, Abramov MM, Gavrilyuk DN, L’vova TS, Suvorov NN. The role of the vasoconstrictor effect in realization of the radioprotective properties indralin in experiments on dogs. Radiats. Biol. Radioekol. 1997;37(1):46-55. Russian.Google Scholar
- 3.Vasin MV, Ushakov IB, Kovtun VY, Semenova LA, Komarova SN, Galkin AA, Afanas’ev RV. Radioprotective Properties of Indralin in Combination with Monizol in the Treatment of Local Acute and Delayed Radiation Injuries Caused by Local Skin γ-Irradiation. Bull. Exp. Biol. Med. 2015;159(6):747-749.CrossRefPubMedGoogle Scholar
- 4.Vasin MV, Ushakov IB, Semenova LA, Kovtun VYu. On pharmacological analysis of radioprotective effect of indraline. Radiats. Biol. Radioekol. 2001;41(3):307-309. Russian.Google Scholar
- 5.Il’in LA, Rydnyi NM, Suvorov NN, Chernov GA, Antipov VV, Vasin VV, Davydov BI, Mikhailov PP. Indralin, an Emergency Radioprotector. Antiradiation Properties, Pharmacology, Mechanism of Action, and Clinic. Moscow, 1994. Russian.Google Scholar
- 6.Ilyn LA, Ushakov IB, Vasin MV. Radioprotective Drugs in the System of Radiation Protection of Exposed Radiation Workers and Population in the Case of Radiation Accidents. Med. Radiol. Radiats. Bezopasnost’. 2012;57(3):26-31. Russian.Google Scholar
- 7.Vasin MV, Kovtun VJ, Ushakov IB, Afanas’ev RV, Mirzojan RS, Gan’shina TS, Semenova LA, Koroleva LV, Galkin AA. Patent RU No. 2575576. Method for reducing undesirable side effects of B-190 preparation. Bull. No. 5. Published form February 20, 2016.Google Scholar